National Account Manager - BCBS Markets 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition #:
National Account Manager - BCBS Markets
Preferred location for this position is East Coast.
JOB SUMMARY: The National Account Manager, BCBS Markets is responsible for the day to day management of the business relationship between the Company and assigned BCBS customer(s). As the primary interface with the customer, this job is responsible for facilitating the delivery of the Company s branded services; developing and maintaining positive relationships at all organizational levels; and communicating customer business needs to the Company s process owners.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with customer key decision makers by maintaining positive relationships at all organizational levels as well as identifying and communicating customer business needs to the Company s process owners.
2. Identify, understand, and communicate customer business needs to the Company s process owners for the development, enhancement, and implementation of all services.
3. Develop and initiate business growth strategies specific to the BCBS market by developing action plans to expand the use of the Company s Network and cost containment services resulting in increased market share, enrollment and revenue growth.
4. Function as single point of accountability to direct and coordinate the resolution of customer service, operational, and network issues. Serve as BCBS customer-specific expert by identifying, understanding, and documenting customer strategic business needs, market strategies, and network development requirements.
5. Lead the implementation of all services including new service offering, account implementations, and system implementations.
6. Identify and communicate customer business needs and expectations to the Company s process owners for the development, enhancement, and implementation of all services.
7. Manage customer contracts and ensure that service standards and contracted performance levels are met or exceeded.
8. Monitor, compare and contrast market competitive information to develop customer specific sales strategies and consult with customers to identify appropriate advantages and application of strategies.
9. Initiate Face-to-face meetings with clients on a regular basis.
10. Create and deliver sales presentations that reflect the Company s branding and value messages as well as result in service optimization and incremental revenue gains.
11. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
12. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
13. Demonstrate commitment to the Company s core values.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The National Account Manager of BCBS market must be strategic in managing and retaining their block of business. An incumbent must also understand and exceed the expectations of the client in their partnership with the Company and initiate improvements to better service the client. An incumbent must deliver effective and organized presentations in order to increase the Company s revenue from new or existing clients. The incumbent has the latitude and authority to make commitments on behalf of the Company within defined parameters.
* Bachelor s degree in business, healthcare administration, or 4 years experience in related industry. MBA preferred.
* Minimum 5 years experience in account management and/or sales and marketing in the healthcare industry, specifically with insurance companies and/or multi-state employers. Prior experience in selling care management services or managing a care management operations area preferred.
Knowledge of the BCBS Market segment and participating plans
Knowledge of BCBS Association rules as it pertains to Company services
Knowledge of the BlueCard pgram, Interplan claims processing and other Blue Association programs
* RFP response and marketing initiatives experience required
* Project Management experience required
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
* Knowledge of health care and managed care products
* Knowledge of the Company s general business principles, industry dynamics, market trends, and specific operational details including current care management, customer base competition, Network Management concepts, and CQI concepts when performing all aspects of the job
* Decision making, account management, presentation, interpersonal, time management, analytical, organizational, communication (verbal, written and listening), presentation, and negotiating skills
* Ability to effectively present alternatives consistent with customer needs
* Ability to create and deliver sales presentations
* Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while prioritizing to meet established deadlines
* Ability to solve problems and customer business issues
* Ability to keep the needs of the customer a priority when making decisions and taking action
* Ability to identify or implement new or modified processes to meet the business needs of the customer
* Ability to challenge the organization both up and down the chain of command to meet and exceed customer business and market needs
* Ability to consult with colleagues/experts as needed while insisting upon service excellence from the organization to meet and exceed customer business needs and expectations
* Ability to convey information clearly and effectively
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner.
Ability to travel with overnight stay
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Viant will provide equal consideration to all colleagues and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Additional BenefitsWe offer a competitive total compensation and benefits package, an incentive bonus program and an employee recognition program that acknowledges and rewards employees for outstanding performance. Here's a summary of the benefits we offer to MultiPlan employees.
•Medical Dental & Vision Insurance
•Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
•Short and Long-Term Disability
•Paid Time Off
•Paid Company Holidays
•Flexible Spending Account