National Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Develop and expand existing and new national accounts within a defined territory. Provide input such as, relevant market information, sales and marketing strategies, vision and goals. Drive new sales opportunities with existing customers, positioning the company for success. Personally contact and secure new business accounts, typically with multiple site locations within the designated region. Manage all aspects of assigned accounts within their portfolio, including but not limited to: opportunity identification, pre-sales planning, deal execution, post sales installation planning and follow up, customer issue resolution relating to invoicing, service and other issues in order to ensure a high level of post-sales satisfaction and facilitate long term relationships with strong potential for repeat business. Maintain and grow RIF base for assigned accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Achieve targeted sales growth for National Accounts at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan.
* Drive wider and deeper account penetration with new and existing accounts through frequent proactive contact with accounts, building, expanding and maintaining strong relationships with multiple departments (facilities, loss prevention, IT, finance) and key decision makers at multiple levels within customer organizations.
* Formulate a sound business plan to provide acceptable sales growth in accordance with established plan and market share targets. Work with Regional Director to meet profitability goals.
* Ensure responsiveness and service delivery through utilization of internal infrastructure including Customer Monitoring Centers (CMCs), National Account Service Center (NASC), Business Operations, support team, and Tyco IS sales & service offices (SSOs).
* Provide current market information such as current trends, sales techniques, application of products in various markets, suggested marketing programs to the Regional Director.
* Working with management and Corporate Marketing, implement promotional programs for National Accounts.
* Establish and maintain a high level of quality and timely service to customers for maximum retention.
* Maintain and grow RIF base for assigned accounts.
* Acts as a central point of contact to service existing or assigned accounts needs and requests.
* Model Tyco IS and Tyco behaviors.
* College Degree in Sales/Marketing or other related field preferred.
* Minimum of five (5) years of commercial sales experience, including three (3) years of major accounts sales of electronic security or related industry experience within a large corporation.
* Proven sales ability with high-level Corporate contacts.
* Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
* Ability to comprehend and make valid contributions to developing a business plan, including sales and marketing strategies.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to travel by auto, plane, train.