National Account Manager-Drug\Convenience Stores
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Cherry Hill, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The National Account Manager Drug / Convenience Store is responsible for the functional management and leadership of all sales related activities for assigned Pinnacle brands/categories in thedrug and convenience classes of trade. Position requires strategic leadership, exceptional business management skills, trade management, budget tracking and delivering positive return on investments. Leads the analysis of customer sales and inventory data, design and implementation of effective marketing and promotional programs, develops business building relationships and interactions throughout all levels of the customer hierarchy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Defines specific strategic business objectives to maximize sales, share growth and enhanced profitability within current/future Drug and C-Store channel for assigned brand portfolio. Leads the development of Customer/ Market/Category/Brand strategies, objectives and tactics.
* Responsible for the execution and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Metrics as stated in the company's business plan.
* Participates strategically and tactically with the VP Channels in the development and management of Drug/C-Store accounts and the Pinnacle opportunities.
* Effectively manages both volume and spending to deliver the brand objectives (monthly, quarterly and annually).
* Develop Pinnacle Foods brand portfolios in line with distribution, pricing, merchandising and shelving objectives established for each brand.
* Utilize syndicated data (IRI reports, Spectra Demographics), customer sales data and category management studies to provide fact based analysis and deliver business building initiatives.
* Manage broker network partners to deliver and exceed annual objectives while improving Pinnacles positioning within the account base.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum 5-7 years of experience as an account sales representative in the consumer package goods industry. Experience calling on Drug, Convenience chains / class of trade preferred.
* Developed and executed account sales plans including quotas and account objectives. Solid computer skills and experience using sales database tracking programs.
* Strong negotiating skills and capacity.
* Ability to manage projects independently from start to finish.
* Strong interpersonal, influencing and analytical skills.
* Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, including senior leadership.
* Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and dynamic environment.
* Knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and customer strategies.
* Proficient in managing a trade fund budget and understanding PNLs.
* Experience negotiating and dealing with change management.
Bachelor s Degree required, MBA a plus.
Manage a broker team.
Approximate 30% of annual travel
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.