National Account Manager, Off Premise - Southeast Texas
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONBoston Beer Company was rated by Forbes as one of the best small companies to work for. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently looking for a NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - OFF PREMISE in HOUSTON,TEXAS.
The National Account Manager (NAM) is responsible for executing COT initiatives through in depth and creative sales presentations. The NAM is responsible to drive BBC sales volume and distribution in cooperation with distributor and BBC teams to their markets respective account base (large grocery, liquor store and convenience store chains). The NAM must deliver the annual plan while managing resources to budget.
WHAT YOULL DO:
MARKET DEVELOPMENT (HUNTING): Through managers direction, must be able to find new business by,
* Identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume
* Developing tactics to close identified opportunities
* Looking for new opportunities to grow business through additional call points
SELLING: Must be able to practice BBC selling process and selling skills to,
* Establish goals and selling story and anticipate objections
* Competently understand market and competitive data
* Competently build IRI and other data in presentations and communicate their meaning to buyers during the sales call
* Understand buyer needs and sells vs. in a consultative fashion
* Close and follow up in a timely manner
PLANNING: Through SNAM direction, must be able to timely and successfully organize and deliver,
* Annual volume, Ad/Feature activity and Distribution plans
* Creative programming by chain account and market
* Impactful ad, feature and promotional/cross-promotional activities
* Budgeting by program and chain
* Pricing by distributor for each chain
MOTIVATING/TEAM BUILDING, Lead and have strong working relationships by,
* Establishing rapport with all buyers and wholesaler chain managers
* Instilling commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance to include Regional, District and Account Manager
* Working cooperatively with others across the organization
COMMUNICATION: Effectively communicates internally and externally
* Through creative and impactful wholesaler and buyer presentations
* Monthly sales call and goal updates delivered to manager
* Professional and succinct retail memos and distributor correspondence
* Facilitate communication of account programs and inventory needs to the BBC distributor network
* Finance, Legal and Brand Development by effectively coordinating program initiatives
* Comfortable speaking ones mind and supports the philosophy of discussing the un-discussables
ADMINISTRATION: Responsible to deliver,
* Call recaps, alerts, monthly calendar, budget and bonus management
KNOWLEDGE: Must be current and fluent in,
* Sales trends, opportunity gaps, customers, competitive activities, and BBC/distributor activities that affect the off-premise class of trade
* And, be analytical and conversant with IRI, Retail Link, VIP and other data sources to evaluate BBC business and make recommendations to retailers, BBC and distributors.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Minimum of 4-6 years Consumer Package Sales
* Adult alcohol industry experience strongly preferred
* Must be able to lift one case of beer
* 70% - 12-15 days a month in the field, some of which is local to the Houston market
* Field/Trade time consists of:
* Retail and Distributor sales calls and meetings
* BBC BR/DM work withs.
* Independent Market survey days
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, a competitive compensation package, a car allowance, and an expense budget.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 617.368.5854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.