National Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Join the fast-paced, high energy Genomics team in Agilent's Genomics and Diagnostics Group. The market for Agilent's Genomics products continues to enjoy significant growth through the invention, development and launch of high value products associated with technology platforms such as microarrays, Next Generation Sequencing, synthetic biology, qPCR/PCR, Bioanalyzer/TapeStation, and molecular biology reagents.
- Driving sales of high performance Genomic products and services for defined named accounts in US.
- Position reports directly to the Americas sales director
- Preferred home office location is Eastern part of United States
- Effectively prospect within these accounts to find and close new opportunities
- Develop strong customer relations through constant onsite visitations, new product demonstrations and training, and regular business reviews
- Conduct presentations and product usage demos with and without Field Application Engineer assistance.
- Coordinate, in collaboration with other US National Account manager, semi-annual business reviews with finance, manufacturing, marketing, order fulfillment, service, and executive management.
- Focus on strategic clinical product applications, specifically associated with the NGS and microarray workflows (qPCR/PCR, QC instrumentation (Bioanalyzer & Tapestation), target enrichment, automation, library prep, software).
- Contribute to developing effective strategies and tactics that will enable Agilent to gain market share
- Provide continuous constructive feedback from customers into all parts of Agilent to help guide continual development of novel products that more effectively address customers' needs.
- Represent Agilent to the customer AND the customer to the company.
- Minimum BS/MS in Chemistry or a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent.
- Solid self-management and organizational and prioritization skills
- 4+ years related direct sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling against a quota.
- Experience with DNA microarrays a plus
- Knowledge of Next-Gen sequencing and gDNA targeted enrichment strategies
- Industry/Application expertise. Working knowledge of competitive products (specifications, value propositions, price points).
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of team selling environment.
- Ability to interface at all levels within an organization for both internal/external customers.
- Demonstrated commercial selling skills. Strong business development and sales closing skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication and sales skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability..