National Account Manager-Walmart
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
BIC products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
The National Account Manager contributes to our Values and Vision by maximizing long-term BIC brand volume while delivering short-term volume and profit goals with one of our largest customers. This person must maintain high-level customer contacts and relationships. This position also has the responsibility to communicate and implement BIC national initiatives, policies and standards to cross functional groups including: The Merchant Team, Logistics, Inventory, Marketing, Promo Planning and Third Party Merchandising Partners. Internally, it is imperative that the NAM communicates our customers needs across the BIC structure to develop and implement business building programs.
* Meets or exceeds assigned sales forecast objective
* Achieves distribution, pricing, promotion and shelving objectives within our stationery segments
* Manages BDF/MDF to meet or exceed sales forecast achievement, while staying within budget and policy guidelines
* Forecasts sales volume in collaborative
* Manages expenses within company policy guidelines
* Develops expertise of:
Customer business environment and needs
Respective category and market
BIC internal operating policy and procedures
Develops long term relationships with customer s key personnel.
Communicates information and customer needs across the BIC organization. Leads, organizes and facilitates both internal and external teams to meet customer s needs.
Develops customer business plans that take into account long-term goals, strategies and results.
Takes into account the profit and volume implications of various alternatives to both BIC and our customer.
Develops conceptual presentations drawing from all internal and external resources needed.
Negotiates business plans at customer business planning sessions that achieve business unit s short and long-term volume and profit goals while conforming to BIC policies. These plans should ensure customer performance at or above standards in all key merchandising areas: Distribution, Pricing, Shelf and Promotion.
Work closely with the Supply-Demand Planning Team at BIC/Customer to ensure correct forecast is implemented and executed
NATURE AND SCOPE
Requires a high degree of the technical knowledge, skill and ability for the consumer products industry. This requires the same high degree of working knowledge of:
BIC brands, products and information sources.
Computer and related software products.
Sales related skills and techniques such as:
Sales communication/oral and written
Customer business planning - Negotiation
Decision making and problem solving
Supply chain management
Fact Based Selling
Ability to deal with ambiguity
Requires high level of original, independent and innovative thinking applied to highly complex projects, goals and objectives; a high level of ability to develop methods, procedures, techniques and ideas in new, undefined and rapidly changing situations.
A high degree of ability to facilitate problem solving and decision making. Able to solve problems by identifying alternatives, assessing risk and taking or directing actions to solve the problem or implement the decision of an often complex nature.
Contact with Others
Has frequent internal contact within the organization and frequent contact in representing BIC to the Customer. Serves as the primary spokesperson on matters of significance. Has frequent contact on some major projects including Category Reviews, Comp Shop Analysis, POG reviews, Strategic Marketing Ideas, Promotional Offerings and Strategic Spending Proposals.
Must be able to work across the full management environment including working with both the Customer and BIC senior management.
* 3-5 years selling experience of increasing levels of sales and supervisory responsibility in the consumer products industry, plus a Bachelor s degree in business or related field of study.
* A high in-depth knowledge of consumer products industry, with an emphasis on stationery, to execute direct sales, order management and logistics and retail sales coverage. Ideally, this same high in-depth knowledge and experience of internal functions (i.e., Sales Resources, Business Planning, Marketing and Customer Service).
* This position requires a winning positive attitude from a competent and competitive individual who can work and lead teams of people.
* The position requires an office in the Bentonville, AR, BIC office and the ability to manage a challenging and demanding work load.
BIC offers a competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates are required to pass a drug test and undergo a security check.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Drug-Free Workplace.