National Account / Sales Manager - Pet Goods
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Cortissoz Consulting LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONEstablished leader in the manufacturing and wholesale distribution of diverse portfolio of products including: Gift, Travel, Sports
* Actively prospecting for new business opportunities and expanded assortments within existing customers and with new distribution outside traditional channels. (Current customer base includes Department Stores, Sport Specialty, Mass Merchant, Off Price, Specialty, Small Stores and Warehouse Clubs);
* Identifying revenue growth opportunities and playing a lead role with internal team members to execute on business;
* Developing and implementing sales strategies to secure profitable growth and maximizing all product lines in full spectrum of distribution across key retailers and selected Industrialchannel distributors;
* Developing and maintaining close working relationships with buyers and senior store management at top accounts;
* Driving the sales of key new brands and products while continuing to sell core items;
* Managing the product projections of customer base via monthly forecast input;
* Driving sell-thru via partnering with customer base on key promotional opportunities;
* Driving dot.com business of customer base; gaining broad distribution of all brands' SKUs;
* Managing Outside Rep groups to assist driving business with select customers;
* Developing Annual Budgets and managing seasonal and monthly sales forecasts;
* Utilizing tools available to develop plans and partnering with SVP Sales, Demand Planning Manager and the customer;
* Making necessary adjustments to the projections as the season progresses and communicating these changes on a timely basis;
* Maintaining consistent communication with operations and marketing to ensure delivery flow, sales needs and special account needs;
* Communicating competitive information and retailer needs and trends to sales/marketing teamOptimizing coop to drive profitable sales;
* Constructing business/financial case for key new business opportunities;
* Managing Inventory;
* Selling excess inventory in a timely manner, as profitably as is possible, using existing Company guidelines with SVP and Senior Management approvals.
_WHAT YOU BRING..._
* Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (Sales, Marketing, Business)
* 5+ years Accounts/Sales Management experience (preferably in E-Comm, CPG, Wholesale Distribution - Durable Goods)
* Broad understanding and experience across multiple channels of Distribution including Mass, Specialty, Sporting Goods Stores, Department Stores, E-commerce, and Distributors;
* Results and metrics focused;
* Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span;
* Strategic selling capabilities: ability to make a conceptual sale;
* Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and financial level;
* Demonstrated "Hunter" capabilities: track record of landing new business;
* Strategic planning and sales planning skills;
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills;
* Strong customer orientation.
* Team-player, ability to roll up sleeves and make things happen.
* Commitment to company values. You will ensure that the Brand vision, mission and values are upheld while making a positive contribution to the Company culture.
_COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE, DYNAMIC CULTURE AND EXCITING BRANDS!_
_ IN EXPLORING FURTHER, PLEASE CONNECT WITH ME SOON!_