National Accounts Manager (Furniture)
Responsibilities:This is a sales position with the primary responsibility for soliciting, selling and implementing Office Depot furniture solutions at a national account level. This position also manages GPO, Association and Consortium relationships within the furniture division. The NAM also provides information and support to BSD sales teams and group purchasing organizations (GPO), Associations and Consortiums.
The NAM (furn) will establish himself/herself as a trusted advisor by maintaining customer relationships and seeking opportunities to enhance the existing business potential. The NAM will also work to develop new national furniture accounts, (primarily prospective customers with more than 500 WCEs), while strengthening the business relationship and maximizing furniture opportunities in existing national accounts. These accounts typically purchase or have the potential to purchase from $150,000 and up in furniture solutions per year and have 500 or more white-collar workers. Qualifications:- High School Diploma (Bachelor's preferred)
- 7 years of experience in Outside Sales with National Account level experience in commercial (furniture industry preferred) Other Information:- Strong Sales skills
- A thorough grasp of professional and consultative selling skills to include a history of successful contract negotiations. The close cycle may require multiple calls over many months.
- A demonstrated working understanding of the buying process in accounts, and the customer relationship process.
- Demonstrated record of mid to senior level customer contacts, preferably within the commercial furniture industry.
- Professional and consultative selling skills to include some contract negotiations.
- Fluid organization agility (the ability to quickly learn, understand and navigate an organization at the upper to lower levels.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation) skills and be able to present complex business plans and topics (pricing or service strategies). Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .