National Accounts Manager - Manufacturing and Metal Fabrication Segment
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: National Account Manager- Manufacturing and Metal Fabrication Segment
(Position can be located anywhere in the US)
Airgas is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Responsible for acquiring new customers and growing existing customers by presenting our robust value proposition to prospects and selling Airgas products and services to businesses on a multi-regional or national level. Work through the Airgas Division, Regional Company and Business Unit structures to execute the delivery of the Airgas value proposition to key customers, and achieve the implementation revenue targets of the signing award.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
* Directly develop and grow the commercial relationships of assigned leading customers in the manufacturing and metal fabrication segment
* Must have thorough understanding of the manufacturing and metal fabrication segment, economic trends and impact to the manufacturing and metal fabrication segment in order to provide customer insights and solution based value propositions.
* Analyze and qualify potential prospects located within assigned segment.
* Collaborate with the Airgas Advanced Fabrication Team to identify opportunities and execute on the opportunities that will sustain revenue growth. Develop a thorough understanding of the MetFab value proposition including the ability to deliver and articulate the MetFab value proposition and associated commercial insights effectively with key prospects and customers.
* Develop, schedule, present and execute quarterly business reviews at customer sites with decision makers.
* Responsible for working with prospective clients and internal legal support to establish terms & conditions, along with extending terms to legacy customers to maintain account portfolio.
* Contribute to the development of marketing and sales strategies within the manufacturing and metal fabrication segment.
* Communicate and maintain GM within assigned portfolio. This includes evaluating growth, item increase potential along with implementing and communicating annual price increases with customer.
* Plan and execute all national roll outs which include communicating with all pertinent parties and stakeholders within organization.
* Forecast the requirements of account in portfolio and communicate to pertinent individuals within organization.
QUALIFICATIONS : The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* BS Degree in Business or related field of study, or the equivalent knowledge and experience required. An established track record as a producer could supersede educational requirements.
* Executive sales professional, effective in situations ranging from the corporate office to the operational support teams.
* Solid track record of demonstrated performance and organizational support.
* Considerable independent judgement and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations; demonstrating tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers and handling proprietary information.
* Strong influencing and teamwork skills to deliver on commitments made to customers on behalf of all of the business units of Airgas USA, LLC.
* Exceptional ability to negotiate and close significant contracts.
* Ability to articulate all of the aspects of the Airgas value proposition in a manner tailored to the specific needs of the customer.
* B2B account management Sales experience with demonstrated/documented superior performance.
* Past experience in negotiating contracts that have resulted in several hundred thousand to multi million dollars in transaction or annual revenue.
* Experience in selling to manufacturing and metal fabrication on a corporate buying level.
* Understanding of compressed gases required.
* Strong Microsoft office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs
* Collaboration: Promotes collaboration, coordination, and teamwork across organizational boundaries.
* Influencing Skills: Can manage through organizational tension, sustains results and relationships and delegates tasks effectively.
* Project Management: Displays a strong personal commitment to successfully managing and completing all aspects of implementing the customer.
* Drive for Results: Bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Knowledge of Airgas products and services.
* Business Acumen: Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting both customer and Airgas; knows the competition.
* Organizational Agility: Capable of adapting to changes in the market. Able to react successfully to shifts experienced in the overall market conditions of segment.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability