National Compliance Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONCBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top ten providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
The National Compliance Specialist will serve as a member of the National Compliance team, will work with the Mayer Hoffman McCann PC (MHM) and CBIZ Financial Services national management teams, and with all CBIZ MHM offices under the direction of the National Compliance Senior Manager. This person will accredit internal course offerings according to regulatory body requirements, update and maintain continuing professional education (CPE) records for CBIZ MHM professionals, produce compliance reports for all professionals and support management in ensuring all professionals are in compliance with jurisdictional continuing education requirements.
* Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of professional continuing education requirements
* Input of continuing education credits from courses completed by personnel.
* Produce management reports and assist in monitoring the compliance of professionals with applicable continuing education requirements.
* Accredit internal course offerings for CBIZ Financial Services and MHM PC.
* Develop working knowledge of qualifying continuing education requirements mandated by applicable regulatory bodies, including the State Boards of Accountancies.
* Accredit internal courses in accordance with applicable regulatory body requirements.
* Assimilate and organize the necessary records and documentation as required by CBIZ Corporate for approval of continuing education credits and issuance to professionals.
* Assist in the maintenance of professional licensing requirements
* Develop working knowledge of licensing requirements of applicable regulatory bodies.
* Assist professionals in obtaining proper licensure and memberships with the professional and state societies.
* Maintain database of professional licenses for CBIZ MHM professionals.
* Maintenance of continuing education compliance tracking tool
* Reconciliation of personnel and applicable continuing education requirements to ensure the compliance tracking tool accurately monitors all professionals and related requirements.
* Work with management to review requirements monitored for professionals and update as necessary.
* Work with vendor and internal organizations to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
* Work on special projects for the National Compliance Team and national management teams on an as-needed basis.
* Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities, projects and deadlines simultaneously
* Strong oral and written communication skills are critical
* Able to work independently and make sound judgment decisions
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to research regulatory rules and assess the impact to CBIZ MHM employee
* Ability to build relationships with personnel in all levels of the organization
* Works well as a team with others
* Excellent computer skills required, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn new systems with ease.
* Able to work across functional areas with a variety of personnel throughout the organization, many are located in other offices
* Maintain confidentiality of client, company and personnel information
* Bachelors degree or appropriate equivalent experience required
* Working knowledge of the public accounting or a professional services firm is desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf