National Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Kameda USA Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
Kameda USA., Inc. was established in April 2008 as a 100% U.S. subsidiary of a multinational salty snack manufacturer. The parent company is the largest manufacturer of premium rice crackers in Japan. Competing with over 700 rice cracker manufacturers, this company is the top selling brand of premium rice crackers in Japan. Also manufactures 10 of the top 15 rice snack products in Japan. Their annual sales amount is approximately $1 Billion.
Kameda USA., Inc. is located in Torrance, CA, and focuses on the manufacturing and distribution of premium rice crackers to the U.S. main stream market. The company successfully opened accounts with Ralphs, Albertson's, Ahold, Whole Foods West Coast, Sprouts, and others major retail stores.
The National Sales Manager will report to the General Manager of the Kameda USA, Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The National Sales Manager is accountable for maintaining the business and relationship with current retailers, distributors and brokers as well as opening and developing accounts with new major retailers, distributors and food brokers nationwide and maintains as well as strengthens effective and excellent relationships with them to achieve assigned national sales goals, developing, creating and implementing series of dales promotional programs necessary to meet the assigned goals.
All of above sales activities planned and implemented must be reported in writing to the company and submitted every week to the General Manager for the purposes of Customer Relationship Management required by the parent company's operating policy (a Public Company).
The National Sales Manager is accountable for managing and overseeing of assigned national market territory by setting annual sales goals for each direct retailer account, each food broker and each distributor. The following duties and tasks are considered essential to the successful achievement of these accountabilities. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
1. Plan and achieve annual and mid-term dollar sales goals by each account and each product line.
2. Analyze and identify sales operating shortfalls by region, broker and distributor on a monthly basis. Develop and implement a written corrective action plan and execute additional in-store promotions when necessary to improve sales performance.
3. Understand and Grasp the distributed store condition such as shelf placement, pricing, promotion execution, velocity of the products, competitors' info etc.
4. Broker management
5. Paperwork (Ex. new item form, promotion form etc. for distributors and/or retailers)
6. Reporting (Ex. Weekly report, Sales Call report, Distribution Update, Promotion Activities Update, Budgeting, etc.)
SALES PROMOTIONAL PROGRAM ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Plan, develop and recommend effective annual sales promotional programs to attain company sales goals for each distributed chain.
2. Evaluate and recommend annual sales promotional program plans for each product for the key accounts.
3. Provides recommendations and obtain approvals from General Manager for the in-store promotions.
4. Responsible for planning, managing, exhibiting, attending for related tradeshows throughout the U.S. to achieve sales goals.
5. In unison with General Manager, assist in developing and identifying future new products to meet requirements of the U.S. mainstream market.
PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP ACCOUNTABILITY:
In unison with General Manager and sales support personnel, National Sales Manager will develop and maintain good business relationships with major accounts, food brokers and distributors through periodic contacts and proper handling of sales related administrative functions.
NEW BUSINESS ACCOUNTABILITY:
Plan and coordinate the efforts of the direct business development activities with national major potential accounts, food brokers and distributors in solicitation, opening accounts and closing sales in designated national markets. Continue to support newly developed accounts to bring them up to consistent monthly sales volume accounts.
Candidates for this position will have five years' or more experience in selling and promotional activities for food products including salty snack or beverages to major retailers' directly or through food brokers and distributors in the United States main stream market.
A primary hiring consideration will be the level of success achieved in previous positions, existing relationships in the sales channels and the major accounts. Candidates must have a wealth of knowledge and experience in examples of successful sales and promotional programs selling food products directly or through distributors to various retail stores in the United States.
Candidates must possess skills and knowledge to successfully manage each of the accountabilities listed above. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communications skills both oral and written, self-motivated to sell and leadership skills.
Our client seeks a seasoned "make-it-happen" "Can-Do Attitude" sales professional who can think and act independently, but can also work effectively as a member of an integrated team. The successful candidate must be a hands-on, self-starter who can assume multitasking broad responsibilities in a dynamic business setting.
An individual with high standards of excellence, results oriented, flexible and open to change is most desirable. Strong personal integrity and a confident, positive self-image are essential, as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to accept accountability and the ability to operate under pressure are mandatory.
The candidate in this position will be required to travel approximately 40 to 50 percent of the time.
A bachelor's degree or an equivalent experience is a minimal requirement for this position.