National Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
West Babylon, NY
Cox Media Group is looking for a National Sales Manager our Long Island radio properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Generate and maximize the revenue potential for the CMG LI radio properties.
* Coordinate and direct the selling efforts of our National Rep Firms across the country.
* Build and foster relationships with the National Rep sellers, as well as the various management personnel inside the National Rep Firms.
* Build and foster relationships with the various radio buyers across the country that utilize CMG radio properties.
* Interact with the General Sales Managers to negotiate inventory and pricing for schedules and to understand current inventory demand and opportunities in each market of responsibility.
* Develops new marketing opportunities for national accounts.
* Supply National Rep Firms with the necessary information and selling tools to effectively sell the CMG radio properties.
* Meet and/or foster relationships with the local representative of clients who are purchasing time through our National Rep Firms.
* Travel out of town to meet and foster relationships with National Rep Firms, as well as internal and external customers.
* Coordinate and execute the necessary promotional efforts to insure client satisfaction and revenue maximization.
* Communicate effectively with the Group Vice President/Market Managers/General Managers to keep them informed of market conditions, competitive situations and opportunities.
* Direct and coordinate the duties of the National Sales Coordinator/Assistant.
* Other duties as assigned.
Manage and partner with the National Sales Assistant/Coordinator to efficiently coordinate all activities of the National Sales Department for the Region.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Thorough knowledge of all aspects of radio and broadcasting industry required. Previous experience as a General Sales Manager, Local Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Account Manager in radio or television, newspaper or other media, or Buyer is required. Experience working in a national rep firm for radio or television is considered relevant experience. Must be able to travel approximately 60% of the time.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Minimum Bachelor's degree from four-year ollege or university or equivalent experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
Valid driver license and automobile insurance; dependable vehicle
OTHER TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES.
COMPUTER PROFICIENCY REQUIRED. SHOULD HAVE STRONG SKILLS IN AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITE, INCLUDING WORD, EXCEL AND POWERPOINT, AS WELL AS E-MAIL SYSTEMS AND INTERNET SEARCH ENGINES. DATABASE SKILLS PREFERRED.
English language: Understands the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA: Understands methods of communication and dissemination of information, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
Listening/speaking: Gives full attention to what others are saying, comprehends the points made and has the ability to get across information clearly and ask the right questions. Understands the reactions of others to situations and reacts accordingly.
READING COMPREHENSION/THINKING: Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
TIME MANAGEMENT: Manages one's own time effectively and respects the time of others.
CRITICAL THINKING: Uses logic and reasoning to solve problems, and learns from these experiences. Understands the benefits or risks of actions taken.
Reasoning Ability: Able to discern the importance of information and use reasoning to spot trends; recognizes potential for things to go wrong and can offer alternatives.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively expresses information and ideas in writing so that they are understandable.
MATHEMATICS: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, as well as ability to compute percentages. Understands graphs and charts to discern information from them.
INNOVATION/CONTINUOUS LEARNING/CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Generates innovative solutions in work situations, trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities. Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL/QUALITY ORIENTATION/ORGANIZATION/WORK STANDARDS: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and to a high standard. Assumes responsibility for assignments and tasks through self-imposed standards of excellence.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-NY-West Babylon-555 Sunrise Hwy
Job Level:Team Leader
Travel:Yes, 50 % of the Time