National Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
West Babylon, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Cox Media Group is looking for a National Sales Manager our Long Island radio properties.
* Generate and maximize the revenue potential for the CMG LI radio properties.
* Coordinate and direct the selling efforts of our National Rep Firms across the country.
* Build and foster relationships with the National Rep sellers, as well as the various management personnel inside the National Rep Firms.
* Build and foster relationships with the various radio buyers across the country that utilize CMG radio properties.
* Interact with the General Sales Managers to negotiate inventory and pricing for schedules and to understand current inventory demand and opportunities in each market of responsibility.
* Develops new marketing opportunities for national accounts.
* Supply National Rep Firms with the necessary information and selling tools to effectively sell the CMG radio properties.
* Meet and/or foster relationships with the local representative of clients who are purchasing time through our National Rep Firms.
* Travel out of town to meet and foster relationships with National Rep Firms, as well as internal and external customers.
* Coordinate and execute the necessary promotional efforts to insure client satisfaction and revenue maximization.
* Communicate effectively with the Group Vice President/Market Managers/General Managers to keep them informed of market conditions, competitive situations and opportunities.
* Direct and coordinate the duties of the National Sales Coordinator/Assistant.
* Other duties as assigned.
Manage and partner with the National Sales Assistant/Coordinator to efficiently coordinate all activities of the National Sales Department for the Region.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Thorough knowledge of all aspects of radio and broadcasting industry required.
Previous experience as a General Sales Manager, Local Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Account Manager in radio or television, newspaper or other media, or Buyer is required.
Experience working in a national rep firm for radio or television is considered relevant experience.
Must be able to travel approximately 60% of the time.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-NY-West Babylon-555 Sunrise Highway
Other Locations:US-NY-New York, US-NY-New York-261 Madison Ave, US-NY-New York-1 Dag Hammarskjold Plaza, US-NY-West Babylon, US-NY-New York-885 2nd Ave
Job Level:Team Leader