National Sales Utility Rep
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
This role is part of the North America Commercial Markets Sales team and acts as the customer facing resource for electric and gas utility accounts. The National Sales Utility Rep is responsible for coordinating all facets of Motorola Solutions' business relationship within their assigned account base including demand generation, sales, strategic account planning and overall client relationship management.
* Responsible for initiating relationship and coverage within selected accounts
* Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan for each target account covering the full portfolio of Motorola products and services that will make our customers' operations safer and more efficient.
* Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers with Energy Delivery, IT and other C
- Level contacts in order to understand client business needs, impact client technology vision and prioritize funding.
* Conduct on-site visits of Motorola Manufacturers Representatives (MR) partners to develop partner relationships, determine competitive sales activity, review pipeline, identify and resolve issues, and to ensure sales and marketing goals are achieved.
* Leverage Inside sales channel to improve coverage and market awareness
* Acquire in-depth knowledge of applicable markets and product lines.
* Participates in customer and industry affairs as appropriate to promote Motorola Solutions and better understand industry/market trends and best practices.
* Lead response to Request for Quotation (RFQ's) & Request for Information (RFI's).
* Proactively engage Motorola Solutions executive sponsors to build strategic relationships with "target" accounts to position long term opportunities for Motorola Solutions.
* Responsible for orders and sales performance in assigned accounts.
* Provide monthly forecast, monthly activity report, and customer sales reports as required.
* Bachelors Degree with 2+ years of sales/customer service/public safety experience OR 4+ years of sales/customer service/public safety experience
* Strong relationship management skills
* Experience utilizing Salesforce.com
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a C-Level executives
* Ability to establish oneself as a trusted advisor
* Ability to quickly learn new key characteristics of products/solutions and communicate the value of those solutions to customers (ROI, new services/efficiencies, cost avoidance, etc.)
* Seeking 2+ years experience in sales management techniques and sales strategies.
* Knowledge of utility industry a plus
* Highly motivated and results oriented
* Frequent Travel Required
* Excellent presentation, communication, persuasive, negotiating skills, both written and verbal required
* Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, thorough, and detail-oriented with exceptional customer service skills
1 - 3
Bachelors Degree with 2+ years of sales/customer service/public safety experience OR 4+ years of sales/customer service/public safety experience