National Service Manager 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NATIONAL SERVICE MANAGER
Manage community level capital projects with site service teams as a resource for the communities, regional managers, senior vice president, operations and asset managers. Oversight of National Service Programs as it relates to asset preservation, work order completion, training and apartment turnover.
* Develop, support and build reliable property service teams throughout the country that are capable of executing hands on repairs as required.
* Ability to manage small capital projects via sub-contractors.
* Monitoring of key service metrics including apartment turnover, open work orders, customer feedback surveys, and controllable service costs.
* Create scopes of work for re-occurring capex projects that are not part of the 5year original under writing.
* Collaborate with regional managers, capital program managers, and service managers to identify qualified contractors, evaluate proposals, review and approve contracts.
* Monitor (with site service team) the completion of all work and track contract payments.
* Provide operational support to communities, regional managers and senior vice president, operations and SVP of Design and Construction.
* Implement and monitor national initiatives and training programs for service associates.
* Conduct interviews and testing for new service managers.
* Monitor Standards of Performance (SOP) for communities, to include: availability, budget control, safety, market readies, time management, shop organization, staff structure and in house labor versus contract labor.
* Manage and review preventive maintenance programs for all communities and ensure compliance.
* Help manage maintenance associate skill assessment and act as subject matter expert in developing skillsets.
* Ensure company's plan to respond to community emergencies and disasters are in place.
* Establish and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, all customers and co-workers. Communicate in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
* If needed be prepared to participate in due diligence and assist with procurement for national pricing and contracts.
* Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors.
* Site inspections and guidance on shop organization and procurement best practices.
* Conduct Ad Hoc training as needed for service related topics.
* Ability to Troubleshoot mechanical and other issues when problem cannot be resolved by site associates.
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent certifications and experience required
* Eight years of experience in a leadership role with technical and managerial functions within construction and repair industry
* Ability to read blue prints and Electrical Schematic
* Excellent customer service skills while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism
* Ability to resolve matters independently and adapt easily to changing circumstances
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word