Navy Modernization Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONLife Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
BEST PLACES TO WORK - 11 YEARS RUNNING!
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Navy Modernization Coordinator at our Philadelphia, PA office. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
NAVY MODERNIZATION COORDINATOR
Life Cycle Engineering is seeking a mid-career Engineer or Logistician with significant background in Armed Forces Logistics to join our team in support of Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) Code 223, In-Service Ships & Cross Platform Engineering Branch. The position requires an in depth knowledge of the US Navy SHIPMAIN Process, overall understanding of Hull Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) equipment and experience with how related equipment or systems interact and affect ship operations. The individual should have detailed knowledge and understanding of the latest versions of the Navy Modernization Process Management and Operations Manual (SL720-AA-MAN-030) and Fleet Modernization Program Management and Operations Manual (SL720-AA-MAN-010/020). Primary responsibilities will pertain to all aspects of Ship Change Document (SCD) support, including coordinating and developing of SCDs with Code 223 In-Service Platform manager and supporting contractors, the program office PMS 505, TYCOM LCS Type Desk Officer, LCSRON, Regional Maintenance Centers and NSWCPD engineers. This entails, but is not limited to, developing SCDs within the Navy Data Environment (NDE), resolving Technical Assessment Team review comments, providing Cost Benefit Analysis, interacting with technical and logistic codes, and preparing/coordinating risk acceptance for various installations in support of Continuous Maintenance Availabilities (CMAV) and Selected Restricted Availabilities (SRA).
The incumbent should possess a technical background, preferably in support of the US Navy equipment and systems. A degree in a related engineering field is preferred, but not required. Extensive knowledge of DoD/Navy HM&E equipment is highly recommended.
The incumbent must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a Department of Defense secret clearance level.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Supporting NSWCPD Code 223 platform lead in communicating with the PMS 505, NAVSEA 05D, other Warfare Centers or Navy activities as necessary on SCD related issues.
* Engage and coordinate with NSWCPD Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Lead and ILS Certification Team during the SCD process.
* Coordinating/developing monthly SCD status reports.
* Using and navigating through NDE to develop, submit, review various stages of the SCD.
* Coordinating and participating in Configuration Control Board meetings.
* Performing investigations and analyzing technical data for SCD development.
* Providing coordination between various organization including, but not limited to NSWCPD Code 223 platform lead, PMS 505, and the technical community (ISEA/Engineers/OEMs/vendors).
* Representing NSWCPD Code 223 at various internal and external meetings.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is preferred.
* Experience in lieu of education may be considered.
* Minimum of 6 - 10 year experience in a DoD or Navy support role.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
* Ability to investigate issues, coordinate data calls and inputs, develop reports and provide recommendations.
* Ability to professionally represent NSWCPD Code 223.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* High comfort level working with and around all military/organizational levels, clients, suppliers, and visitors.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Ability to coordinate and evaluate the efforts of functional specialists to identify specific requirements and to develop and adjust plans and schedules for the actions needed to meet each requirement on time.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Former Navy service, approximately 6-10 years or equivalent Federal civilian service or DoD contractor employment.
* Knowledge and understanding of logistics and Integrated Logistic Support Certifications.
* Must be highly reliable and capable of meeting work schedule consistently.
* Ability to handle a high volume of work with accuracy and efficiency.
* Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
* Strong decision making ability and attention to detail.
* Ability to support sponsor positions, while working with other team members who have competing priorities.
Physical Demands & Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
* Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
* Ability to use telephone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
* Travel may be required up to 20%.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race,