This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
POSITION: .Net Developer
LOCATION: McLean, VA
JOB ID: 1720
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Responsible for the overall design and architecture of the software application or system
* Identifies hardware or software bottlenecks and creates way to resolve them
* Leads the design and development of the project to conform with the vision of the project
* Constantly re-evaluates the design of the project to be in sync with the goals of the project
* Creates and maintains documents related to the architecture of the project
* Make recommendations regarding continuous improvement of internal and external processes/procedures.
* Conducts performance testing and tuning of the hardware and software components
* Stay up to date with changing technologies to ensure leading-edge development of applications.
* Reviews and validates project artifacts, solution designs, estimates for quality, accuracy, completeness and adherence to the original requirements and design parameter
* Provides mentoring and team leadership to other architects and developers and freely shares expertise and knowledge with peers throughout client.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other related scientific or technical discipline.
* Minimum of eight (8) years experience in computer programming and analysis of complex information systems application and operating system software.
* At least two years of supervisory experience managing technical / development teams
* 8+ relevant years of experience in .NET technologies, with an emphasis on keeping in line with industry standards
* Experience in working multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong experience with leading design of large scale Web Applications and consolidating smaller legacy apps into enterprise suite
* Experience constructing data models
* Experience in database designing
* Experience in multi-tier design projects including development of middle tier and front end interface
* Experience working in an Agile software environment
* Familiarity with current technologies, mobile and cloud platforms
* Must be a creative thinker who can work well on a team
* Strong written, verbal and inter-personal skills
* Certified Professional at his/her area of expertise (MCP, Java Certified Professional, Oracle Certified Professional etc)
* Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.