This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Healthcare IT Company
New York, NY
Kindly go through the requirement and revert me whether you are comfortable with this requirement or not
POSITION TITLE: JR. PROGRAMMER IN NYC
Department: Application Development
Reports to: VP, Application Development
LOCAL TALENT WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED BUT SOMEWHAT FLEXIBLE. FIRST ROUND IS A TECHNICAL PHONE INTERVIEW WITH THE CLIENT, IF THAT GOES WELL, THEY ARE THEN SCHEDULED TO COME INTO THE CLIENT\'S OFFICE FOR A WRITTEN TEST. IF THAT GOES WELL, FACE TO FACE WITH THE HIRING MANAGER. PERSON NEEDS TO BE COMFORTABLE IN A 250 PERSON FIRM WITH ABOUT 20 PEOPLE IN TECHNOLOGY.
Client is located in midtown Manhattan on Broadway
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Develops new console and Windows applications using C# and Microsoft SQLServer on Windows platform.
* Develops and maintains new and existing reports using Microsoft SQLServer and SQLReporting Services, ASP.NET, and Crystal Reports.
* Work with members of other departments to determine requirements and use cases for new development.
* Interface with external entities (clients and vendors) in developing or enhancing software.
* Creates and maintains documentation for applications.
* Performs other duties as required.
* 1- 2 years working experience with SQL and an understanding of stored procedures.
* 1- 2 years working experience with development on a Windows platform.
* Possesses knowledge object-oriented programming principles including classes, objects, and interfaces.
* Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and provide solutions in time-sensitive environment.
* Skilled in verbal and written communication.
* Ability to build relationships with others.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree.
* Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual documents and reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
* Computer Skills
* Skilled in the use of programming languages and tools, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new technology quickly, and uses technology to improve productivity.
* Interpersonal Skills
* Has good listening skills, build strong relationships, is flexible, open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
* Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Skilled in the use of programming languages and tools, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, is a technical resources for others, follow technology practices and standards.