.Net Developer 9/7/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a .Net Developer to work in our Stafford, VA office.
The ECS Team provides focused agile software development and maintenance for CODIS, a mission-critical application for the FBI. CODIS is a client server application developed using Microsoft .NET that supports a database repository of DNA profiles from individuals, unsolved crime scene evidence, and missing persons. CODIS software allows local, state, and national laboratories to compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial crimes to each other and identifying suspects by matching DNA profiles from crime scenes to individuals profiles. Additionally, the CODIS software is used to assist with the identification of unidentified human remains, missing persons and disaster victims.
The .Net Developer will support the DMSS program by providing development support to a Scrum Team tasked with developing one or more enhancements to the CODIS system.
* Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software using MS Visual Studio for C#.NET
* Troubleshoot problems related to software applications; resolve systems integration and compatibility issues
* Support software testing as required, including developing automated test scripts using NUnit, SpecFlow, and other automation tools
* Support completion of required system documentation in accordance with FBI s Life Cycle Methodology
* Interact with required stakeholders including CODIS PMO, business analysts, testers, infrastructure managers, and PM Team
* Support continuous innovation by implementing the best practices to improve technology tools and processes to increase team efficiency and technical execution
* Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
* U.S. Citizen and ability to pass a public trust investigation
* 1-3 years developing, testing, and documenting complex software applications
* 1 year programming in C#.NET using Visual Studio
* Working knowledge of MS Office Products to include Visual Studio, TFS and SharePoint
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including technical writing.
* Working knowledge of SQL Database platform
* Able to understand engineering modeling languages, such as ER diagrams, UML Sequence diagrams or other engineering artifacts.
* Agile/Scrum development experience
* Experience writing and reviewing automated test scripts
* Familiarity with Agile tools including SpecFlow and Team Cities
* Federal Contracting experience
* Security Plus and Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certifications*
* Secret Clearance
* NOTE: Candidates who do not have Security Plus and CSD certifications must obtain them within 8 months of starting on the contract. Therefore certified candidates are strongly preferred.
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.