This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOptomi is in partnership with a leading client working for the Department of Homeland Security in search of an Application Engineer. This person will work at the DHS Headquarters in Washington DC. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding of AgileSoftware Development practices and experience delivering deployable software in short sprints. In this role, they will help transform a large organization to an Agile and innovative team.
WHAT THE CANDIDATE WILL ENJOY:
Stability, this is year2 of a 5yearcontract
Working for a Private firm
Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems.
* Acts as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
Must be a U.S. Citizen, with or eligible for a Government security clearance
* Strong software development background, with a minimum of five (5) solid years experience in incremental software development projects using an AgileScrum approach
* Experience with continuous integration tools and environments
* Knowledgeable in using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL, or SQLServerdatabases.
* Developing applications utilizing .Net version 4 software framework (or strong experience with competing frameworks)
* Experience with data base design and stored SQL procedures.
Direct current and relevant experience with RCAS is desirable