Netbackup Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNetbackup Technical Support Engineer
Veritas gives organizations the ability to delete worthless data and recognize valuable information, enabling them to achieve objectives more quickly, efficiently, and cheaply. Data is exploding at incredible rates and scattering across servers, clouds and hypervisors around the world. Unchecked data growth is an expensive burden and potentially a security risk waiting to happen.
Our solutions enable organizations to understand their own information, to distinguish between what is extra important and what is just extra. Across systems, environments and devices, Veritas helps organizations achieve insight and realize exceptional application availability.
Provide English and technical phone support to Enterprise customers using NetBackup. Your typical customer may be a senior systems administrator, consultant, or DBA.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Working closely with the customer to resolve complex system-level problems on multiple platforms (UNIX, Windows Server).
* The candidate needs to be someone who values teamwork and can contribute to the entire group who is a self-starter and self-motivated.
* Able to maintain professionalism while under pressure.
* Investigating, diagnosing, and analyzing technically difficult and/or politically sensitive problems. These include OS panics, system hangs, data and file system corruption, and network problems on Solaris, LINUX, AIX, HP-UX, and/or Windows Server.
* Capturing customer interactions in writing including investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues.
* Managing workload to insure all customers issues are handled in a timely manner and driven to resolution.
* Documenting known issues, workarounds, and general information to add to the support knowledgebase.
* Staging suspected issues with lab hardware to facilitate troubleshooting.
* Continually learning to stay informed of new product features, related applications, hardware and technologies.
* Fluency in English
* Portuguese or Spanish language is a plus but not required, both verbal and written communication skills,
* Knowledge of multiple Operating Systems is essential. A solid knowledge on either UNIX or Windows Server, with a secondary knowledge on the other is desired. Relevant platforms include Solaris, IBM-AIX, HP-UX, RH-Linux, and Windows Server.
* Good written and verbal communication skills, an ability to analyze and resolve complex problems with a positive, friendly customer-service attitude.
* Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team setting.
* Fundamental knowledge of storage technologies (tape device, SCSI, SAN, iSCSI, etc.).
* Fundamental knowledge of Server application (SQLServer, Exchange, SharePoint, Oracle, Domino, etc.) is desirable.
* Understanding of networking concepts and technologies.
* Experience using Veritas NetBackup is very helpful.
* Exposure to server virtualization platforms (VMWare, Hyper-V, OpenStack, CloudStack) and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) considered a plus.
* Strong troubleshooting, follow through, interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
* BS in Computer Science or related discipline is desired..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.