Netezza Data Warehouse Senior DBA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Netezza Data Warehouse Senior DBA for our client in the Marketing domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 4 Months Contract
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL 33716
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Netezza Data Warehouse Senior DBA
Role Description: The Netezza Data Warehouse Senior DBA would need to have at least 7 years of experience. This Candidate will be responsible for enterprise-wide database administration of one or several of the Data Base Management Systems (DBMSs) including, but not limited to: Netezza and Hadoop.
Responsibilities include data management, security management, batch job management, backup/purge management, retailer rollouts, and basic development tasks for Data Warehouse or Hadoop support throughout the SDLC life cycle.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of IT experience with 3 to 5 years of experience in Netezza.
Experience/Working Knowledge Of:
- Korn Shell scripting.
- vi Editor.
- UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Database SQL in accessing and manipulating data.
- Relational database technology including data modeling (logical and physical).
- All aspects of the software development lifecycle including: requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and production support.
- Experience with the following desired: Hadoop, Hive, Java Development on Hadoop.
- Experience with Aginity AMP preferred.
- Experience with the following software desired: AutoSys Job Scheduling Tool, Jira, Remedy Force, and Sync Sort for UNIX.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau, Hyperion IRS query and reporting tool).
- Application Development experience preferred.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Data Repairs.
- New Retailer rollouts.
- Database backup and purge.
- Database connectivity and security.
- Retailer file management.
- Disk space management.
- Manual task automation.
- Data issue resolution.
- Data mart replication/synchronization.
- Develop, test, and monitor batch jobs in support of tasks above.
- 7x24 On call Rotation for Production Support of Big Data environment.
- Database Management.
- Security Management.
- Batch Job Management.
- Backup/Purge Management.
- Weekly time card reporting.
- Updating Remedy Force and Jira daily with status of tickets worked.
- Presenting on-call issues in weekly Production Support Meeting.
- Participate in Daily Scrum Meetings.
- Written documentation describing process.
- Change Control Management.
- Communication across teams.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reports to Manager, Data Warehouse/Big Data.
- No Direct Reports.
- Provides direction to less experienced DBAs for ongoing skill improvement as required.
- Under general direction, functions independently within broad scope of established departmental policies and practices; generally refers specific problems to supervisor only where clarification of departmental operating policies and procedures may be required.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 7 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Rob McCranie