Netezza Database Administrator 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DETAILS:
Client: HPe/Fannie Mae
Job Title: Netezza Database Administrator (Level-2)
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Reston, VA
Interview Mode: Phone then Skype (3-4 Round)
No. Positions Available: Two
* This person must have 2+ years of Netezza DBA experience. They will be required to be L-2 SMEs on Netezza.
* 100% onsite in Reston, VA.
* Will hire through Skype / Phone interviews.
* 3-4 interview rounds total.
* Enterprise-level client.
The main function of a database administrator is to coordinate changes to Netezza databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. A typical database administrator is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
* Serve as a subject matter expertise for Netezza system and database development.
* Support application releases to modify database objects, database creation, and data migration.
* Review SQL queries and database design for performance.
* Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and execute changes from development to production.
* Develop standard and best practices for Netezza database. Work with application teams closely to implement the standard and best practice.
* Occasional off hours and weekend support required.
* Provide production support and Serve on-call rotation.
* Participate in disaster recovery exercise.
* Proficient knowledge of Netezza appliance systems
* Unix Shell scripting
* 5+ years of experiences in Netezza database administration, including knowledge of undocumented Netezza internals.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Multi-tasking and organization skill.
* Experience in SDLC and Change Management process.
* Associate's degree in computer programming or relevant field required.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 5-7years' experience required.