This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
My customer, a healthcare company located in Columbia, MD has a contract position available for a Network Administrator.
* Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise network to meet the functional objectives of the business.
* Involved with the network infrastructure, and the planning and design of enterprise local-area/wide-area network (LAN/WAN) solutions.
* Development, administration and maintenance of LAN and WAN infrastructure, ensuring 99.98% minimum availability.
* Primary responsibilities include support of current data network transport services. Includes routine maintenance, software and hardware upgrades, monitoring and troubleshooting.
* Optimizes performance and adapts network design due to physical alterations and traffic requirements. Ensures resiliency is implemented at crucial points in the network to guarantee maximum availability. Research, design and implement new network related initiatives. Includes mandates from business areas, enterprise driven projects, relocation of personnel and installations of new enterprise sites. Work along with other network engineers and IT areas on day-to-day tasks and projects. May be required to work on disaster recovery/business resumption initiatives.
* Research, engineer, and implement new technology and tools to increase productivity, performance and efficiency. This includes utilizing the CareFirst lab facilities to thoroughly test all new network applications and future technologies
* Develop and maintain network documentation, policies, procedures and configuration information.
* Maintain data problem management procedures, network documentation, policies, and configuration information.
* Maintain network documentation, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate security and audit regulations.
* Provide technology-consulting services to customers, translating their business needs to network-based solutions.
* Project planning and coordination; and as required, assumption of project roles for projects.
* Utilize project management tools to track and report on project progress and issues.
* Research current technology through self-training. Provide instruction to peers and staff on technology changes and guide less experienced staff to ensure consistency and compliance to departmental standards and policies. Serve as consultative resource to other I/T staff by assisting in data network problem resolution, assisting with system design and integration, and recommending alternative techniques and providing training.
* BS Degree in Information Management or a related field, with 3-5 years related experience and/or training in a routed network environment, multi-platform environment.
* Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of certification, however, this experience and skill level must be clearly demonstrated.
* Must have previous experience with installation and configuration of Cisco routers, Cisco switches (Nexus, 65xx,37xx,49xx), bridges, gateways and hubs. This includes in depth knowledge of both networking hardware and software. Strong knowledge of networking media (LAN/WAN) is a must. Includes Ethernet, MPLS (Multi-protocol Label Switching),TLS (Transparent LAN Switching) Sonet and HDLC based circuits. Must have the ability to interact with telecommunication vendors. This includes the ordering, implementation and troubleshooting of telecommunication media.
* Must have experience with load balancing implementations on F5 devices.
* Must have a thorough knowledge of TCP/IP and all related protocols. Familiarity with the OSI network model is imperative. Need to possess exemplary diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. This includes experience with network monitor and troubleshooting tools. This experience should include packet capture analyzers, media/cable testers and network management systems (SolarWinds, PathView, NetMri, etc.). Knowledge of network security implementations (firewalls/intrusion prevention systems, and access control filters).
*benefits are available only to W2 Contractors
Who is NTT Data*
NTT DATA is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 80,000 professionals based in over 40 countries. NTT DATA emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process and IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We're part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.