This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Cross Lanes, WV
JOB DESCRIPTIONBASIC FUNCTION:
* Help maintain documentation relating to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
* Helps troubleshoot network issues.
* Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications.
* Help implement network policies and procedures and ensures network integrity as maintenance and modification projects to existing applications are undertaken.
* Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports.
* Provides technical and administrative support.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor LAN/WAN performance and consistency using Cisco IOS functions and third party products
* Support Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
* Perform IOS and configuration backups of all network devices and other mission-critical systems
* Work team members to ensure the security of all networking systems based on NIST 800-53 standards, contract requirements, and other corporate policies
* Ensure proper labeling of cables, equipment as well as cable management in all network closets and data centers
* Support network software/services that may include client/server applications, network monitoring, high-bandwidth web applications, etc.
* Help document all procedures and maintain an inventory of network hardware and software
* Test, repair, and replace damaged hardware and software
* Quickly respond to network & data center issues anytime of the day or night
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Will require working outside normal/scheduled hours of company operation
* Experience and knowledge with TCP/IP networking, OSI model, and Cisco IOS
* Experience with Cisco CallManager (UCM)
* Experience with VLANS, and port configurations for LAN/WAN technologies in a Cisco environment
* Experience with multicasting, port spanning/mirroring
* Ability to analyze network problems and recommend a course of action