This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
CSC Optimum Holdings, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONNETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Requisition ID: 29761BR
Location: Hicksville, New York
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The company offers Optimum-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services, as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation s most robust WiFi network, to residential and business customers across the New York Tri-State area.
The Network Administrator is responsible for installing, upgrading and maintaining network hardware, network operating systems, and network appliances. Network Administrators receive information from systems and associates so that they can respond to, investigate, diagnose, rectify and document issues as required. Additionally, Network Administrators use various network and server tools to isolate and rectify issues as need be. They are the first level of interaction between the various departments and the respective senior engineering entities. Working with Senior team members, develops design criteria for testing of new technologies coordinating with all engineering/operations/management necessary to meet Altice USA deadlines for product launch.
Responsibilities include: Installation, Operation, Administration, and maintenance of all Network delivery systems, including all Network devices that support Cablevisions offerings; manage and maintain high level network protocols and configurations. Provides for procedural, informational and training documentation; respond to, diagnose and resolve technical issues in relation to the Internet delivery systems, Voice over IP, Interactive Optimum and Commercial/Lightpath services; monitor performance and status of the Network delivery systems; work as part of a group with other engineering departments (both IPNT and other) issues relating to the Internet delivery systems; develop and improve methods and tools for the troubleshooting and researching of problems; create and maintain logs, records, diagrams and reports of any and all network systems; performs Net Eng standby for all issues pertaining to digital deployed services and performs high level escalation (in conjunction with Network Ops Tech) of difficult or complex problems into either vendor TAC departments, internal management or internal engineering (OSP etc) to ensure timely recovery; and, participates in special projects and performs other duties as directed by senior team members as they pertain to the respective discipline. This specific position will focus on DOCSIS and PON access layer technologies. It reports to the Manager of DOCSIS Engineering. In addition to a familiarity with the Knowledge/Skills listed below, this Admin needs a solid foundation in DOCSIS, with hands-on experience with one or more CMTS models (Cisco, Arris, Casa).
* Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or equivalent work experience is required.
* Cisco CCNA degree or equivalent knowledge is a must.
* Minimum three years experience on multiple Network hardware platforms (Cisco, or equivalent )
* Experience with network and system management software.
* Experience with handheld test tools.
* Experience with Internet applications.
* Knowledge of Windows based operating systems.
* Knowledge of Unix operating systems.
* Scripting languages a plus. ( Perl, CGI, Java and PHP)
* Good technical writing skills.
* Knowledge of the following skills: IP protocol and subnet masking; all Networking topologies (Ethernet, Sonet, SRP, POS, ect); all Routing protocols and configurations (to support BGP, OSPF & EIGRP); switching and configuration options (VLANS, HSRP, NSSA, DHCP, PBR, VPN s, NAT, ect); Internet applications and their protocols ( TCP, UDP, Peer to peer type apps, mail, news, web surfing, SNMP, ect); Cisco hardware (Routers, switches, network appliances); VoIP protocols (SIP, MGCP, RTP and Session Boarder Controllers); Multicast ( PIM, IGMPv2 and v3 Auto-RP)
* Experience with working as part of a team to collect data to use to resolve issues or outages.
* Previous skill set with troubleshooting outages while under pressure.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.