This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls has an opening at the McIntosh, Alabama facility for a Network Administrator.
Working within the framework of established operating procedures and in close cooperation with internal and external support personnel, this role provides troubleshooting and maintenance of data servers, user devices and communications links, as necessary, to ensure stability, integrity and operational availability of the in-house data, video, cell phone and wireless network services. This position focuses on both hardware and software aspects of network operations across a multiple platform LAN/WAN configuration. He or she must display excellent customer service skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of information systems and technology.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world's leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Essential Functions/Basic Duties:
* Monitors use, capacity and performance of network systems
* Plans, purchases, develops, installs, configures, maintains, supports and optimizes all network hardware, software and communications links
* Manages and supports servers, including e-mail, file, print, badge system, IP security camera and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software
* Monitors monthly department budget and spending reports
* Administers and maintains end-user accounts, permissions and access rights
* Makes recommendations for changes and may implement agreed enhancements
* Ensures installation and implementation of new equipment/software as required
* Maintains effective security/backup and disaster recovery processes and systems
* Troubleshoots end-user computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion
* Provides end-user training as requested
* Develops, implements and maintains policies procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration
* Assists in designing, scheduling, deploying and managing network hardware and equipment
* Coordinates support, providing hands-on support where necessary
* Supports process controls systems as needed
* Maintains effective relationships with external suppliers and contractors to ensure appropriate levels of support
* Represents the Division in industry related information system's organizations and associations.
* Advises management on trends and issues within the information systems arena and recommends actions to remain competitive
* Participates in audits and interfaces with internal and external auditors; addresses action items resulting from audits
* Prepares reports in accordance with the company policies and submits by required deadlines
* Participates in Division Information Systems projects as requested
Essential Job Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree*; Information Systems discipline strongly preferred; Master's Degree preferred
* Minimum 2 years' experience in related information systems position (5 years' experience strongly preferred)
* Industry related certifications preferred (i.e. Microsoft, Cisco)
* Manufacturing/industrial work setting preferred
* Outstanding customer service, communication and time management skills; must have attention to detail, be self-motivated and directed
* Qualified candidates experience must include: Network capacity planning, network security principles, general network management best practices; Hands-on hardware and software trouble shooting experience; Analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
* Implementation and support experience including: Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, Linux, Symantec, Solar Winds, VMware, products preferred
* Experience with network operating systems, LAN/WAN Protocols and PC/Server platforms
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products required, SAP & SQL database preferred
* Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
* Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
Olin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/W/Vet/Disabled.