Network Architect 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
The NetworkArchitect leads architecture definition, planning, technology direction, project management and mentors other NetworkEngineers.
* Architect, implement and administer enterprise LAN, WAN, Data Center and wireless network environments to ensure a high performance, fault tolerant network infrastructure is maintained
* Ensure the availability of Clients network infrastructure through design, implementation and operations
* Develop technology roadmaps and functional specifications aligned with business strategy
* Establish and implement formal network technical standards, diagrams, documentation and operating procedures
* Perform network design, modeling, analysis, and capacity planning
* Interface with technology vendors to evaluate and recommend new technologies that support IT or business strategies
* Work with internal and external teams to understand business needs, offer advice and solutions from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative approach
* Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Information Technology field is desired.
* Minimum of five years engineering and architecting information technology solutions.
* Expert knowledge of products and services provided by vendors such as Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, and Juniper
* Expert knowledge of LAN, WAN, routing and switching protocols and systems; including experience troubleshooting and resolving issues.
* Experience with the use of virtualnetwork and security appliances from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, F5, and Palo Alto is a plus.
* Working knowledge of server and application technologies such as Windows, Linux, and VMware
* Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (application, network, system, hardware)
* Advanced network certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCP (Preferred)
* Security certifications such as Security+, CEH, and/or CISSP (Preferred)
* Sound interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills.
* Attention to detail, ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt (or flex) to changing priorities
* Ability to make timely and effective decisions based on sound judgment and business rationale
* Strong ability to work with and leverage business partners on designing appropriate solutions
* Ability to analyze problems and solve them with practical, cost effective, and reliable solutions that meet business needs