Network Automation Engineer (Network Services)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAuto req ID
Network Automation Engineer (Network Services)
Firm - Philadelphia
If your objective is to work for an organization that utilizes state-of-the-art technology in a collaborative work environment, then Morgan Lewis deserves your consideration. With 28 offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia, Morgan Lewis provides comprehensive transactional, litigation, labor and employment, regulatory and intellectual property legal services to clients of all sizes from global Fortune 100 companies to just-conceived startups across all major industries. We are proud of our reputation for IT excellence and ability to deliver innovative, business differentiating results. Our dynamic, supportive and collegial work environment attracts the best IT professionals.
The Information Technology department at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is currently seeking a Network Engineer to join their Information Technology team resident in the Philadelphia office. The Network Engineer reports to the Assistant Director of Network Services and is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing operations of the network and security infrastructure of the firm. Our guiding principles are operational efficiency, high availability and end user performance. As a team we stress organization, teamwork, and cross-training. Core responsibilities will include providing technical support of the Cisco network infrastructure while ensuring redundancy and high availability of the environment. Secondary responsibilities will include supporting our Check Point firewalls, Netscaler load balancers, Adtran BlueSocket wireless, Riverbed WAN optimizers, and Solarwinds monitoring tools. The position will also be responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting performance issues for network services, maintaining documentation, and training other team members. Additional responsibilities include:
* Manage our Ansible template environment which dynamically generates configurations for our network infrastructure.
* Develop Python scripts to simplify management of our network infrastructure. Scripts will target a variety of use cases ranging from inventorying, monitoring and troubleshooting.
* Evaluate and define a standard software development environment that our team will use for collaborative efforts. The environment will include tools such as debugging and revision control.
* Use Puppet, Chef or similar technologies to automate the installation of our Red Hat linux servers and ensure all systems adhere to our configuration standards.
* Create intake forms for reoccurring service requests that output CLI configurations that can be used by our network engineers to implement the changes.
* Maintain our SharePoint based team site along with associated forms and workflows.
* Work with team members to educate them on automation techniques and capabilities.
* Provide Day to day support of our Cisco network and Check Point firewall infrastructure.
* Configuration, upgrades and support of our SolarWinds monitoring environment.
* Support and buildout of our Forescout CounterACT network access control deployment.
* Provide Day to day support of our Aruba and Adtran wireless infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have a four year IT related degree, preferably a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering and a minimum of five years experience building, deploying and operating Enterprise networks. Candidate will need a deep and broad based understanding of network protocols and design, client/server applications, and security principals. Extensive experience designing, installing and maintaining Cisco networks is required. The successful candidate will also have a Cisco CCNA certification and a CCNP certification is strongly preferred. A strong security background is also desired, preferably with a supporting certification such as the CISSP or GSEC. Experience with Python, Ansible, YAML, Jinja2, SNMP and REST API s is a plus, and Cisco NX-OS and/or VMWare NSX is a plus, along with an in depth understanding of TCP/IP. The successful applicant will also have good communication skills, be self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently or as part of a team, and possess solid decision making and project management skills. A qualified candidate also must be able to perform the physical installation of network equipment.
Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.