Network Automation Lead 8/23/2016
Open Systems technologies
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Serve as the firm-wide technical expert in network automation and programming.
* Technical leadership role for the creation of a network automation discipline and standards across the global network in all networking contexts.
* Engineer and implement a global network automation framework and help train staff and stakeholders.
* L4/L3 operational support of the network automation service.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field required
* Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a technical engineering role for networks.
* Hands on experience in network programming and engineering network automation
* Proven ability to work hands on as well as in a strong technical leadership capability in a global organization. Strong communication skills across engineering staff and Sr. executives.
* Expert skills in automation platforms and programming languages, including but not limited to: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack, Django platforms. Programming expert in Python, Java, Perl, TCL, or other relevant languages. (Python preferred).
* Adequate to expert skills in Enterprise Network technologies including but not limited to: Route/switch, Cisco, Arista, trading and market data networks, Wi-Fi, WAN engineering, routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP), Layer 2, VXLAN, Multicast, Enterprise QoS, POE, networks support voice and video (Real-time media).
* Knowledge and experience in network management platforms and control environments, more specifically, Lifecycle and infrastructure hygiene, network hardware and software testing and certification, project delivery and execution in a fast paced environment.
* Knowledge of DMZ and Network Security technologies. Experience with Network management technologies is a plus.