This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
Multi-faceted high-end networking individual that will be servicing a dedicated customer base on a daily basis. The prime candidate would be a motivated self-starter that can be assigned a project and be able to carry the project from start to finish with minimal guidance. The candidate will work with a team of experienced engineers in an environment that promotes learning of new technologies. The candidate must be able to work in diverse environments and pass a government background security check.
This individual must be able to lead small to large *projects* on their own as well as assist and guide others assigned to the project(s). This role will also include troubleshooting along with both on-site and remote work. This role will also require during and after hours work.
Engineering for this New York Tri-State customer is primarily Cisco-focused. Engineer will be responsible for projects/moves, adds, changes, and repair at multiple customer sites across the New York Tri-State area. Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills and be flexible with hours. Must have own car. Training is available in advanced technologies. Full benefits available, plus additional compensation for evenings and weekends.
* CCNA required - CCNP preferred
* Strong communication skills
* Solid documentation experience with Microsoft Visio, Word, and Excel
* Be able to manage own schedule and coordination of projects
Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting, and usage of Cisco Best Practices:
* Strong knowledge of layer-2 environments
* Including STP, HSRP, VLANs, Port-Channels, Trunking, PVLAN, SPAN, L2tp and VACL
* Expert knowledge of routing advertisement control, redistribution and troubleshooting
* Strong knowledge of fiber types and hardware
* Strong knowledge of Cisco Nexus 7K and 9k platforms and Catalyst series switches
* Strong knowledge of NXOS configuration and troubleshooting including VPC and OTV
* Solid understanding of QoS - L2 /L3 marking, configuration, and performance troubleshooting
* Good foundation in Multicast routing - able to deploy and troubleshoot in large scale 300+ nodes
* Understanding of Wireless - Cisco controllers, AP configuration and P2P bridges
* Understanding of Security -Firewalls, VPN, segmentation of services
* SONET and/or Optical experience a Plus!
* Router platforms ISR44xx, ASR9xx, ASR9k (IOS-XR),
* Basic understanding single and multimode optic types (connector types : LC, SC, ST, or APC)
* GBIC and SFPs - Understanding of SX, SR, LX, LR and ZX and differences between them.
* Understanding of voice infrastructure and deployments is a big plus
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.
Presidio Networked Solutions is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700.