Network Data Engineer
JOB TITLE: NETWORK DATA ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: SAN JOSE, CA
1. Events that are capture for network are:
* Ping failure for any network devices.
* Interface down alerts.
* High traffic utilization.
* VLAN access issues.
* Packet drops
* Devices reachability issues.
2. Task will be created and assigned to network team for below configuration on the network devices.
o Enabling switch ports.
o Configuring and assigning VLAN to switch ports.
o Allowing VLANs on the existing trunk link.
o Configuring port-channel.
o Permitting and denying IPs in ACL.
o Configuring Access points.
o Providing free available switch ports details.
o Assigning IPs for new devices.
3. Performing IOS upgrade.
4. Vendor Management: Logging case with respective vendor for critical issues.
5. Co-ordinating with vendor for any WAN link failure issues.
6. In case of major issues and priority 1 issues co-ordination should be done with the HCL Incident management team. Critical incident management flow should be followed.( High ticket has to be created)
7. Preparing RCA for all the priority-1 tickets.