Network Data Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for NETWORK DATA ENGINEER for our client in NEW YORK, NY
JOB TITLE: NETWORK DATA ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Thorough knowledge at expert level of LAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) including centralized monitoring and management in large-scale, high-availability environments;
* Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/WAN switching and routing implementation and operation with specific knowledge of VLAN, VPN networking;
* Knowledge of QoS and LAN traffic management techniques;
* Thorough knowledge of IT infrastructure, TCP/IP, networking and information system security principles, practices and technologies;
* Understanding of core Internet routing protocols and services;
* Leadership and management skills: demonstrated ability to lead a team, providing clear direction, motivating staff, managing their performance appropriately and fairly, and dealing with possible conflicts.
* Problem-solving skills: Ability to identify critical IT issues and propose viable solutions.
* Interpersonal skills: Ability to interact with customers and colleagues in a courteous and friendly manner and to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
* Results-orientation: Ability to set clearly defined objectives, plan activities in a timely way and monitor performance against deadlines and milestones.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Systems Management, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
* More than 7years of experience including team management with Certification such as CNE, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE and others desired
* Experience working in large network environments (500+ nodes) with Cisco, Juniper or Aruba networking equipment
* Advanced understanding of common network protocols including SNMP, RIP, IPS, EIGRP
* Experience with network monitoring tools (e.g., Solar Winds, WhatsUP Gold, Cisco Works)
* Good knowledge of internet, intranet and extranet systems design (security, content management , web and application servers)
* Expert knowledge of replication, backup and disaster recovery design