Network Data Engineer 9/3/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for NETWORK DATA ENGINEER for our client in NEW YORK, NY
JOB TITLE: NETWORK DATA ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To communicate effectively and efficiently within the team and across business lines to support incident resolution.
* Escalate issues affecting delivery of service to management in a timely manner
* Understand and manage the requirements of being part of a 24x7 on-call operation, including but not limited to, shift hand-over, operational advice, guidance, support and escalation
* Understand the scope, delivery mechanisms and processes of all Services delivered by Managed Services
* Execution of the Managed Services business plan and strategies relating to Engineering.
* Proven ability to work well under pressure with time sensitive constraints.
* CCNP Routing and Switching
* Good Communication & Attitude
* 24/7 Availability for any business requirement
* At least 6 years of experience in a technical support environment working with Cisco products
* In depth understanding of and Practical Experience in
* Wide Range of Cisco R & S products like 3750, 4500, 6500 switches and 3800,3900, 7200 & ASR Routers.
* Topics like EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSEC, Multicast, Tunnels.
* Switching protocols/methodologies (VLANS, Spanning-Tree etc)
* Cisco Wireless technologies, including WLC, Access points, WCS.
* Understanding of Cisco Nexus Products line and Data Center concepts.
* Knowledge and experience in the area of Network Management (i.e. Cisco Works, Prime etc)
* Knowledge on Load Balancer (F5)