Network Engineer - AVP / VP Levels
Seeking NetworkSecurity Engineers VP and AVP levels. For large enterprise Financial Services Firm in NYC. THERE ARE TWO ROLES BELOW FOR REVIEW.
NETWORK ENGINEERS - AVP
* STRONG KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL BACKGROUND IN NETWORK AND FIREWALL TECHNOLOGIES, CHECKPOINT, JUNIPER, MCAFEE PROXY ETC.
* STRONG KNOWLEDGE IN NETWORK ARCHITECTURE, NETWORKS- AND INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES
* STRONG KNOWLEDGE IN CURRENT SECURITY THREATS AND CORRESPONDING TECHNOLOGIES.
* An very GOOD TECHNICAL AND NON-TECHNICAL COMMUNICATOR both written and verbal, with excellent team building skills and the passion to deliver the very best service to the business
* Strong customer focus.
* A strong work ethic, high professionalism and very good problem solving skills
* A high standard of personal presentation with the ability to imbue confidence in colleagues and clients
* The ability to effectively manage quality and to ensure a consistently high degree of successful delivery within resource, time and cost constraints
* Experience of successfully working with global teams across multiple time zones
* Exemplary co-ordination skills and the ability to understand business drivers / IT requirements
* Proven ability to initiate, develop and maintain relationships with technical and non-technical teams and individuals
* BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF ITIL
* STRONG MICROSOFT OFFICE SKILLS
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail.
* Strong customer facing skills and a strong team player.
Applicant must meet ALL of these requirements. Description:
NETWORK SECURITY SOLUTIONS ENGINEER:
* Work with IT Security to develop and implement networksecurity enhancements which are well integrated within network services and the larger IT organization
* Understanding of technologyrisk concepts, including controls and control frameworks, technologyrisk domains, risk measurements and methodologies in line with GTO technologyrisk management but specific to the business of operation DB's global network in global consistent way
* Analyze and manage the impact and dependencies of new controls to other functions. Make the necessary support transparent to senior management for their prioritization and support.
* Maintain a deep understanding of networktechnology and current setup to actively identify potential additional security requirements in collaboration with Engineering, Deployment and Operations
* Provide technology expertise with an emphasis on network and securitytechnologies
* Keep leadership informed of all real, potential or perceived security threads and inform management appropriately.
* Actively provide support for IT Security projects as they relate to networksecurity. In particular, provide guidance regarding project deliverables (scope) and change requests
* Creation of structured decision documents for the IT Sec Board, to drive &obtain necessary decisions in regards to networksecurity. Work with relevant other teams to provide a heuristic view in these documents.
* Experienced in working on global initiatives, various level of stakeholders, working with multi-cultural and global teams.
LD NETOWRK SECURITY ENGINEERS - EXTRANET - VP
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Strong Knowledge of securing connections to 3rd parties and exchanges with focus on routing/switching. Expert in BGP routing and firewalling with Network Address Translation (NAT). Very good knowledge in:
* Routing & switching
* CISCO HARDWARE
* ARISTA HARDWARE
* Extranet routing
* ULTRA LOW LATENCY (ULL)
* NETWORK DESIGN & ENGINEERING
* NETWORK R&D, QA & TESTING
* Internet routing
* Multicast routing
* EXCHANGE CONNECTIVITY
Basic knowledge of the following products and solutions is a plus:
* CHECKPOINT FIREWALL APPLIANCES
* CISCO ASA FIREWALL APPLIANCES
* McAfee proxies
* Sourcefire NIDS
* DDOS PROTECTION
GLOBAL NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEERING IS PART OF IT INFRASTRUCTURE ORGANIZATION AND RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING GLOBAL SOLUTIONS TO CONTROL INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL NETWORK BASED THREATS TO DEUTSCHE BANK'S IT INFRASTRUCTURE.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF ROLE
* The Lead Technical Specialist acts as an expert and leader regarding activities to drive efforts in the definition and specification of technical solutions.
* Lead Technical Specialists are responsible for day-to-day leadership of team work efforts in this area and/or serves as a senior subject matter expert providing support as needed in the transference of business requirements & functional specifications into technical specification.
* The Lead Technical Specialist provides support as needed with Level 3 support and with problem/root-cause analysis.