This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a Computer /Network Engineer with the Advanced Computing and Computational Sciences program at the ARL in Aberdeen Maryland you will be providing the ARL, Army, and DoD with state-of-the art advancements in traditional High Performance Computing (HPC) physics based calculation technology, as well as, emerging technology in heterogeneous computing. This includes management and operation of a DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC). The ARL DSRC emphasis is on providing a robust classified and unclassified computing environment, as well as, the capability to provide real-time processing and data storage solutions in direct support to the DOD Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT and algorithm development/optimization for physics-based and network-centric applications.
Advanced Computing: ARL develops and optimizes computing methodologies for asymmetric core computing; focuses on battlefield-based applications; and advances high performance computing technology for modeling and simulation.
Scientific and HPC Environments and Visualization: ARL explores, develops and deploys common data formats, coupled software and remote interactive scalable visualization technologies; and provides production grade hardware and software environments for application scientists.
Focus Parallel Programming: Two+ years experience and BachelorDegree and must have Experience with Parallel Programming.
Perform basic and applied research into algorithm design, analysis, and optimization in widely divergent application areas.
* Design software to run on traditional and emerging architectures such as multi/many core, Graphics Processing Units, Field Programmable Gate Arrays, ARM, RISC-based systems, neuromorphic, parallel processing, etc.
* Create new applications for the Army focused on new capabilities (creativity) and speed of processing.
* Debug and understand high level and machine-level code.
* Understand both procedural/functional and object-oriented software design.
* Write up findings and present research at appropriate conferences.
* Perform literature reviews to better understand the state-of-the-art.
* Provide professional and scientific expertise in performance of work requiring knowledge and application of engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, and/or other scientific principles, methods, and techniques.
* Performs a broad range of engineering and computer scientist assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies in the areas of high performance computing for the battlefield, new and emerging computer architectures, innovative 3D interactive visualization.
* Desired and a Plus if experience with Sys. Admin, and/or Applic of Software Development
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science or higher; Exp. utilizing scientific inquiry in the independent development of mathematical models and computer programs to evaluate and predict the ability to support assigned projects, studies, or problems.
* Familiar with one or more programming languages: C, C++, Python, Java, CUDA, OpenCL
* Familiarity with Linux
* System Adimistration capabilities
* Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently with decision making responsibilities