Network Engineer / Administrator III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The CND program provides US Navy networks with an Information Assurance (IA) hardware/software suite that establishes a defensive baseline and allows for the enforcement of required IA controls and network security policy.
* As presently constituted, the CND IA suite systems are composed of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products and Non-Developmental Items (NDIs), and are deployed on Outside the Continental United State Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-NET), Information Technology for the 21st Century (IT-21) network and legacy networks. CND's current baseline architecture (Inc. 2, Build 2) includes firewalls (FW's), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), vulnerability scanning and remediation, Host Based Security System (HBSS), virus protection, Virtualization Infrastructure (VI), Out-of-Band Management Grid (OMG) and DMZ infrastructure.
* A new CND IA Suite baseline is developed for each site approximately every 6-9 months.
* SRC is looking for qualified candidates seeking a challenging position on the CND Integration team. This team consists of numerous engineers and support staff tasked with the installation of new upgrades and tech refreshes to the CND IA Suite. As the CND program moves toward using more Juniper networking devices, the need for Juniper experience is a must.
* As a member of the CND Integration team, each candidate will provide network security design, installation support, and SOVT support for Computer Network Defense Systems (CNDS). Candidate will perform product testing, product evaluation and reviews, network design, and system development of Information Assurance (IA) and network systems.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be knowledgeable with CND Information Assurance (IA) systems.
* Have Juniper experience.
* Have experience with new systems integration.
* This position requires DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certifications.
* Must have one of the following security certifications: Security+ or equivlent.
* Must have a JNCIA, or the ability to obtain one in 30 days.
* Eight (8) years of hands-on experience with task specific project, to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training.
* Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in relevant technical field.
This position requires a minimum of a Secret security clearance. Top Secret clearance strongly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled