Network Engineer 8/10/2016
Camp Hill, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: NETWORK ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: REMOTE WORK
Client Enterprise Services is seeking an experienced NetworkEngineer to enable the goals and objectives of the Data Center Transformation (DCT) program. The NetworkEngineer will be responsible for implementing migration strategies and infrastructure solutions to fulfill client and Client business requirements. The NetworkEngineer will establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the client by developing a core understanding of the client's unique business needs and competitive challenges, shape strategy and architect solutions to fulfill client needs, and interface with both internal and external/ industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate network solution development as follows:
* Provide technical design recommendations and associated architectures by gathering and documenting existing client network and device information into a workbook that will be leveraged to develop the migration plan.
* Define high level requirements and conducting cost/benefit analysis to maximize utilization of available resources.
* Make recommendations for the establishment/update of standards and guidelines for the design of technology solutions including integration of Network technologies across multiple platforms
* The successful candidate will provide technical leadership in Network infrastructure and design and establish standards and guidelines for the design of technology solutions
* Working knowledge and in-depth experience in the areas of TCP/IP, DNS, Lan/Wan infrastructures, VPN, Cisco routers and switches, including Nexus, Opnet, Nortel switches, BlueCoat proxy, IPS, Checkpoint firewalls, OSPF routing, SNMP, VLans, Access Control Lists, IPSec and associated network monitoring and security tools are required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 10+ years of experience in a senior level engineering or architecture role engaged in the planning and solution design of IP network infrastructures including technologies such as BGP/OSPF routing, L2/L3 switching, server load balancing, QoS, MPLS, network security and network monitoring in large scale multi-site data centre, service provider, or SaaS environments.
* Experience with design of next generation data center networks enabling cloud computing including technologies such as networkvirtualization, unified network fabric and Software Defined Networks is a plus.
* University degree in Computer Science, SoftwareEngineering or equivalent academic experience
* Demonstrated experience required with solution design of delivering video over IP (IPTV), OTT video delivery (Internet and mobile video streaming), CDN, Storage, DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management infrastructure is a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of IP multicast and associated protocols UDP, IGMP, PIM routing, etc.
* Hands on experience in building and configuring network for multiple disciplines
* Demonstrated experience with network security technologies including network firewall, IPSec and SSL VPN, RADIUS/TACACS, network intrusion and detection, network access control and web content proxy/filtering is a plus.
* Solid understanding network and network security architecture best practices
* Ability to think on a multi-site enterprise level; be forward looking and drive tactical and strategic technology roadmaps.
* Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation, documentation and problem solving skills.
* Experience with IPv6 technologies is an asset
* CCNP Required
* CCIE preferred
* CCVP preferred
* 4yrs University Degree concentration in Engineering Field or Computer Science preferred
* Juniper Certifications an asset
* Aruba Certifications an asset
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Degree in IT related discipline.
* Outsourcing industry experience.
* Large corporation experience.
* Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills including MS Project.