Network Engineer 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Client has an immediate opening for a Network Engineer. Network Engineers are responsible for the configuration, installation, maintenance and support of all network components
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the installation, administration and testing of network servers, PC operating system software, routers, switches, cabling, IP phones and other related network components.
* Develop, monitor and implement network security procedures for safeguarding all networking systems.
* Design and configure wired, wireless and voice networks.
* Maintain records of work completed and in-progress. Update network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc.
* Perform system backups and recovery.
* Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
* Provide technical support and guidance to internal and external users.
Candidates should have:
* Demonstrated ability to execute results against deadlines.
* Ability to solve technical problems, make recommends, provide solutions.
* Certifications: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE
Systems: Windows, Cisco Systems, UNIX, Linux, Novell
Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS
To be considered for this position candidates must:
* Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing..
* Interface effectively with peers, management and customers.
* Have demonstrated ability to execute results against deadlines.
* Have the ability to solve technical problems, make recommendations, provide solutions
Minimum: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: College Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering.
Minimum: 2 - 4 years experience in a similar position.
Preferred: 4+ years experience in a similar position.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to carry, push, pull up to 30 lbs.
* Must be able to stoop, kneel, crawl.
* Must have fine finger dexterity and ability to keyboard.