This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Network Engineer for our client in the Telecom domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Location: Dfw Airport, TX 75261
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Network Engineer
Role Description: The Network Engineer would need to have at least 7+ years of experience. This Engineer will be responsible for execution of network changes on internal and customer facing network (routing and switching) infrastructure and application (firewall and load balancer) devices.
The Engineer will work directly with other internal engineering departments and data center personnel to ensure that all customer expectations are being met at the highest possible level. This Candidate will participate in customer kickoff calls with Implementation Project Managers and be responsible for deploying customer and infrastructure network devices.
The Engineer will also be responsible for ensuing escalations coverage through a rotating on-call schedule.
- Understanding the technical aspects of the requested changes.
- Work directly with customers to validate, confirm and assess their application connectivity requirements after change execution.
- Execution of network changes on the change calendar in CRM system.
- Pre and Post verification of all networking changes.
- Complete and accurate record for all change execution steps in CRM system.
- Review requirements with change requestor and customer, if necessary, to ensure desired outcome is met on the first change attempt.
- Assist customers in the change/additional/removal or network services in compliance with change management policy.
- Assist in the translation/scheduling of customer technical requests into our standard change format/templates.
- Develop and maintain RTS documentation for assigned applications and services.
- Establish performance benchmarks for deployed load balancer, firewall, and switch solutions.
- Email change execution issues on networking devices to the Manager of Network implementation.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades for networking device.
Required Hands On Experience, Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Hands on Experience for GRE, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Intermediate level understanding and hands on experience with routing and switching technologies.
- Intermediate level understanding and hands on experience with 802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN, MPLS.
- Intermediate level Hands on Experience of firewall management, preferably with Cisco ASA firewalls running multi-context and/or Citrix NetScaler Load Balancers.
- Hands on experience with upgrading Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Hands on experience with upgrading NetScalers.
- Hands-on experience (5+ years) with Citrix or F5 Load Balancers.
- Intermediate level understanding and hands on experience with IPSEC VPN(s) tunnels.
- Intermediate level TCP/IP packet analysis, using Wireshark or raw packet captures using tcpdump.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
- Exhibits mature organization and time management skills.
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate level Hands on Experience and exposure to firewall and (or) load balancer technologies.
- Experience with high availability environment with 99.99% SLA.
- Accomplishes task with minimal supervision.
Cisco ASA Firewalls:
- Build new ASA as per requirement either in single or multi-context mode.
- Add vlans in firewall.
- Hands on experience with the upgrade process.
- Create new context in firewall (Cisco ASA).