This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Salesforce.com is looking for a Network Engineer to join the Global Network Operations team. This team is responsible for 24x7 follow-the-sun support of the salesforce.com environment. As a member of the Network Operations team, you will be primarily responsible for incident and problem handling on our production network. Additionally, you will develop configuration designs, deployment guidelines and methodologies to assist in the creation of a stable, scalable network monitoring platforms for salesforce.com's network. You will provide third line support expertise, especially around customer facing networking issues.
* Ensure all network issues are resolved promptly, with minimal impact to customers.
* Perform high-level troubleshooting and analysis to determine the root cause of network outages and implement workarounds or permanent solutions.
* Isolate hardware and software problems on network devices and work with vendors to resolve issues as necessary.
* Perform break/fix and proactive network maintenance.
* Work collaboratively with engineering teams to identify ways in which we can proactively improve the stability of the network and decrease the potential for future outages to occur.
* Provide third line customer support and technical expertise.
* Assist in efforts to streamline processes, improve network monitoring and data acquisition and increase automation.
* High level of proficiency and experience with TCP/IP networking, architecture and core technologies, such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, DNS, HTTP, etc.
* High level of proficiency with Cisco and Juniper router and switch hardware installation and troubleshooting.
* Experience deploying and managing large-scale distributed network environments.
* Knowledge of firewalls and access-list configuration and troubleshooting.
* In-depth knowledge and experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
* Experience with performance analysis, systems software, and systems architecture.
* Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands-on empirical monitoring and data-driven decision making.
* Strong analytical approach to problem solving and ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly, while successfully handling multiple priorities.
* Must work well as part of a team in a high-energy environment; must possess good written and verbal communication skills and excellent time-management abilities.
* High level of proficiency and experience configuring and troubleshooting load balancers, with emphasis on F5.
* Skilled in packet analysis, network analysis tools, troubleshooting, and analytical fault diagnosis.
* Experience in deploying, customizing and scaling a network monitoring solution.
* Proficiency in scripting/programming with Perl or Python.
* Experience with SSL certificate configuration, Java network programming, svn, BIND and SMTP configurations are a plus.
* Ability to work a shift or participate in an on-call rotation designed to provide network engineering support on the weekends.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform, and world's #1 CRM empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.