Network Engineer - F5
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. This role would involve performing a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. The Network Engineer provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations. As a Network Engineer you will play a key leadership role in creating, designing and implementing Netsmart s network vision for the software defined data centers, including cloud infrastructure.
Major Responsibilities Include:
* Design, setup and configuration of complex Data Center Network environments.
* Establishes and maintains networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
* Maximizes network performance through proactive monitoring; troubleshooting network problems and outages; plan, document, and schedule upgrades and changes to network infrastructure; collaborates with network architects on network optimization, design, and implementation
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
* Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
* Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
* Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
* Responding to inquiries from clients, staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
* Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
* Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software application to resolve operational issues and restore services.
* Build and maintain good working relationship with key vendors.
* Create and maintain blueprints/guidelines for deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting our cloud environments.
* Automate monitoring, processes and procedures; work with our software development team to create both backend and customer facing tools.
* Understanding of HIPAA guidelines.
* Familiarity with ISO 27000, ITIL, or other IT frameworks.
* Stay up to date with latest security, load balancing and networking trends; undergo training for new products; test products and solutions in Netsmart s environment.
* 5+ years of experience in Data Center network design and support.
* Advanced experience with Cisco and F5 systems equipment.
* Current CCNA or higher certifications desired.
* In depth experience in designing, managing and/or assessing complex IT infrastructures.
* Deep expertise in infrastructure, including firewalls, load balancing and networks
* Bachelor s degree in technology
* Excellent communication skills and experience working externally with customers and/or partners
* Excellent operational and delivery skills
* Ability to think big" and challenge conventional wisdom
* Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing business and environment
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
* Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions