This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Collins, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: NETWORK ENGINEER
LOCATION: FORT COLLINS, CO / LITTLETON, MA
Client Continuity Services is looking for a qualified individual to fill 2 roles of a Technical Specialist in our Alpharetta, GA and Fort Collins CO Recovery Center. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Cisco and Client networking products as well as Active Directory/DNS infrastructure management. The individual will be responsible for matching customer requirements with available resources and building the network infrastructure for recovery exercises, and in the event of a disaster. The skills required include: knowledge of Cisco hardware, knowledge of Client networking hardware, knowledge of remote access methodologies, knowledge of Active Directory and DNS infrastructure, knowledge of SAN configuration and V-Lan administration recovery. Specific responsibilities include the following:
* Provide technical support for onboarding new customers for traditional recovery and cloud recovery.
* Provide technical support for Disaster Recovery rehearsals for both external and internal customers. This will include support of planning, execution and post rehearsal phases.
* Planning support will include evaluating the customers check list against contracted hardware, evaluating data from previous exercises to apply lessons learned and best practices, and participate in all planning meetings and conversations. This will also include a review of the customer's network strategy and commentary to the customer on areas of potential problems.
* Execution phase involves building of all contracted hardware in accordance with the groups standard practices and contracted services to the customer. This will involved use of image deployment tools (eg. RDP, SMS, Ignite image servers, NIM servers, etc), configuration of local and SAN attached storage, configuration of any attached peripheral devices (tape libraries, key managers, etc.), and configuration of VLan. All builds must be tested before turn over to the customer. Execution phase also includes direct customer support throughout the rehearsal. This may, at times, require varying work schedules.
* The post-rehearsal phase includes detailed descriptions of the build process and any exceptions, and issues encountered during the rehearsal and the resolution, recommendations for process enhancements for the group as well as for the customer. Post rehearsal process also includes break down of the customer environment to a state suitable for the next build.
* Disaster support is required. All team members are required to be available in the event of customer declaration of disaster. Periodic on call will also be required.
* Escalation Management: identify, manage, and lead escalations through the appropriate management chain. The ability to work cooperatively with various business units is a must.
* Problem Management: Proactive and Reactive. Reactive - Actively work all problems or issues during a rehearsal or disaster and maintain ownership until it is resolved. This may involve research, activation of 3rd party services or escalation. Proactive - Evaluate all rehearsals for previous issues to ensure permanent corrections have been implemented. Identify all customers who may be potentially impacted by any issue that arises.
* Change Management/Implementation: Independently review existing inventory and ways to more effectively leverage existing hardware across multiple accounts while staying compliant to contractual restrictions. Peer review of proposed changes in other recovery centers for suitability, conformity to standards and adherence to best practices.
* Documentation Management: Ensure all documentation entries are complete, current and accurate. These apply to hardware inventory, process and procedures, rehearsal notes (both pre-rehearsal and rehearsal issues).
* Solution Design: Assist the solution architects in designing the appropriate solutions to meet highly complex customer infrastructure needs for new contracts as well as renewals.
* Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead customer and internal projects across technology platforms.
* Teamwork: Work as part of a larger team which supports multiple recovery centers across North America, as well as integrating with the existing staff in the Littleton Recovery Center. Becoming a trusted advisor for customers, both internal and external.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience. Cisco and/or Client network certification(s) are preferred and a minimum of 8 years demonstrated relevant experience.