This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
Provides support for the campus voice and data network. Assist with network planning, design, and implementation of network services and associated fiber optic and copper cable plants. Provides primary network troubleshooting for end user network services. Assists with campus wireless, and VoIP service design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Demands broad and deep knowledge of multiple network protocols.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population in an education environment.
* Three years experience in the deployment and management of complicated computer networks, preferably in a campus environment.
* Experience with wireless and VoIP systems in a production environment.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Frank G. Archambeault, Director of Network Services
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Location: 4 Currier Place, Suite 101, Hanover, NH 03755
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Network Planning and Support
* Assist with planning, design, and implementation of sophisticated networks at all layers.
* Manages, troubleshoots, and monitors network performance using network management systems, protocol analyzers and associated OS tools to gather statistical information and detect/correct potential problems.
* Analyzes Ethernet and examines all applications layers on the network to include frequent modifications to network architecture and topologies.
* Establishes network communications standards and works with the campus community to advise and ensure that network application and project planning is done cooperatively and is compatible with the College network systems.
* Investigates and learns new protocols, network transport technologies, network management systems and techniques.
* Assist with support for the campusVoIP systems to include configuration, deployment and management of VoIP systems and infrastructure.
* Provides secondary support for upgrades, configuration and troubleshooting of the voice system.
Wireless System Support
* Assists in the setup, deployment, and management of the campus wireless service.
* Provides maintenance of the campus wireless network configurations files, network maps and other documentation.
* Helps to plan new wireless deployments across exisitng and new building infrastucture.
* Troubleshoots reported problems for wireless signal coverage to end user locations.
Campus Cable Plant
* Responsible for the design, installation, and maintenance of all campus structured cabling systems.
* Provide support for the campus fiber optic and copper network cable plant.
* Assist with maintaining the campus cable plant design and construction guidelines.
* Maintain documentation for the cable plant
inventory. * Provide consulting to campus projects for installation of backbone and internal cable plant.
* Troubleshoot and maintain connectivity to campus buildings using the campus fiber and copper cable plant.
* Works off-hours to ensure network availability, assist technican staff with after hours support for the campus network infrastructure.
* Fosters respectful communication and collaboration within a diverse community.
Performs other duties as assigned.