Network Engineer 9/16/2016
CSC Optimum Holdings, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY NETWORK ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 29787BR
Location: Hicksville, New York
Position Type: Full Time
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The company offers Optimum-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services, as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation s most robust WiFi network, to residential and business customers across the New York Tri-State area.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the installation, operation, administration, and maintenance of all Network delivery systems, including all Network devices that support Altice USA offerings. The Network Engineer will manage and maintain network protocols and configuration and will respond to, diagnose and resolve technical issues in relation to the Internet delivery systems. The Network Engineer will monitor performance and status of the Network delivery systems and provide technical assistance to internal departments and organizations. The Network Engineer will work as part of a group with other engineering departments (both RFDN and other) issues relating to the Internet delivery systems. The Network Engineer will develop and improve methods and tools for the troubleshooting and researching of problems. The Network and Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of logs, records, diagrams and reports of any and all network systems. The Network Engineer is responsible for the escalation of difficult or complex problems to ensure timely recovery. The Network Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all work related equipment and vehicles are utilized and maintained in a safe and responsible manner, and that all work related tasks are performed in a manner that is in compliance with OSHA safety rules and regulations.
* Degree in Computer Science, Broadband Engineering, Engineering or other related field of study preferred; CCIE preferred
* Minimum of four years experience in network engineering
* Minimum of four years experience on multiple multiple hardware platforms and operating systems, UNIX (Solaris) preferred
* Experience with network and system management software (Openview, Cisco Works, Cisco s CNR)
* Experience with handheld test tools (CAT5, Fiber and Datascopes)
* Experience with Internet applications (SNMP, DHCP, bootp)
* Strong understanding of Cisco hardware and software (routers, switches, IOS, CNR, CW2000)
* Strong understanding of networking technologies (Ethernet 100,1000M; Serial T1, DS1, DS3; also copper and fiber technologies)
* Working knowledge of protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, HSRP, VLANS, Policy Routing, VPN s, NAT)
* Strong understanding of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
* Strong understanding of IP protocol and subnet masking
* Strong troubleshooting and technical writing skills
* Knowledge of Windows based operating systems
* Knowledge of Unix operating systems
* Flexible working hours, 24 hour on call systems support. Ability to work during maintenance windows
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..