This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Integration Innovation, Inc. (I3)
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Network Engineer designs and maintains DoD computer systems and networks with cyber concepts in mind to verify the DoD customers operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external threats. Candidate will be responsible for maintaining a DoD network that is a multi-vendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade). Candidate will be responsible for working closely with end users to properly design the network for very specific software functionality needed (i.e. multicast, broadcast, etc..) Candidate will maintain system security status and ensures compliance to security policies, procedures and standards with regards to the Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF). Common tools such as Host Based Security System (HBSS), and DISA Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) will be used.
Primary Objectives of the Network Engineer:
- Design, implement, and maintain DoD network multi-vendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade).
- Designs and recommends security policies and procedures.
- Monitors, evaluates, and maintains networks/systems according to DoD and industry security best practices
- Reviews network/system configurations to ensure compliance with security requirements
- Provide network/system vulnerability scanning via HBSS and ACAS.
- Investigates security violations and recommends solutions.
- Performs handling/tracking of COMSEC material.
- Provides reports to internal and external customers in response to queries and requests
- Consults on tasks, provides leadership and guidance for others.
- Gives recommendations for product upgrades, patches, and general security measures
- Must have active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor s degree and four (4) years of relevant experience or ten (10) years of relevant experience required.
- Experience working with system/network vulnerability scanning tools required.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintain DoD network in a multi-vendor environment.
- Must possess an active CompTIA Security+ or CISSP certification or be able to obtain either certification within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP), or Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA-Junos) is a plus.
I3 is an EOE/Vets/Disabilities