Network Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Network Engineer team is responsible for supporting the corporate network environment consisting of 35+ sites including multiple data center facilities. Builds, maintains, and sustains new and existing networks. Support may extend from testing, troubleshooting problems, and regular maintenance to strategic planning of network upgrades and high-level performance analyses.
* Sets up security policies (firewalls and intrusion detection systems).
* Monitoring, alerting, logging and error checking of LANWAN & telecom devices.
* Administers network workstations to utilize one or more TCP / IP or non TCP / IP protocols.
* Sets up new networks connecting to the existing network using a machine functioning as a router.
* Configures UUCP communications, enabling users to exchange files.
* Troubleshoots network problems.
* ACD/PBX troubleshooting, implementation and management.
* Call recording troubleshooting, implementation and management.
* Carrier procurement, configuration, troubleshooting and expense management.
* Coordinates replacement of failed components with vendors.
* Network and telecom recoverability - pre and post incident.
* Applies hotfixes, security patches.
* Desktop, telecom, LANWAN and datacenter cabling.
* Rack and stack of equipment.
* Technical testing/test plan development and implementation.
* Participates in the development and maintenance of the IT strategic plan.
* Participates in major projects, IT budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance.
* Collaborates with vendor and other support teams for problem resolution.
* Communicates with upper-management and internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
* Coordinates priorities between the IT department and user departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong VLAN, SVLAN, IP subnetting knowledge and understanding.
* DNS knowledge.
* Strong overall infrastructure knowledge (firewall, network, storage, desktop, mobile).
* Understands "bleeding-edge" technical trends and apply that to HMS decision making.
* Solid ability to self-resolve and research technical issues.
* Office tool functionality.
* Mentoring / training skills.
* Strong project management meeting agreed to completion dates and delivery of the desired results.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to learn and become technically proficient with new technologies quickly.
* Ability to communicate technology into business terms with customers at all levels.
* Internal process knowledge (RSL, Change Management, change request, etc).
* Continues to seek out opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
* Good Analytical judgment.
* Customer Service.
* WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF HIPAA PRIVACY AND SECURITY RULES.
* BS or equivalent experience
* 3+ years
* CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) preferred but not required