Network Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Alere eScreen, located in Overland Park, KS, was designed to be the ultimate management solution for nationwide employee screening programs. We provide automated hiring program solutions for some of the nations largest employment programs. Today with more than 4,000 occupational health providers and as the only truly integrated, electronic drug testing solution in the industry, the capabilities are virtually limitless in our ability to simplify local and nationwide testing.
At Alere eScreen we are driven by the vision, passion and dedication of our employees. We are committed to developing and delivering innovative products and services which automate and streamline the employee screening process by combining cutting-edge technology with superior customer service. We are looking for qualified professionals who are interested in joining an innovative team. We look for individuals with the expertise, passion, and drive to contribute to a team that is committed to providing superior customer service.
Alere eScreen offers a wide range of employment opportunities. We offer great benefits and a variety of employee programs. We promote a fun, open and engaging work environment and we encourage our employees to grow and develop for future internal opportunities.
If you are seeking a fun and innovative place to work, we invite you to apply at Alere eScreen.
Under general supervision, performs work of moderate difficulty for the integration of the enterprise-wide network including participation in planning, installation, support, maintenance, management and coordination of the wide-area network, local area networks. The individual will be a technical contributor with good knowledge and experience in the area of LAN/WAN Networking, 802.11 Wireless Networking, Network Security, Data Center Networking and Network Monitoring. Able to work independently for specific tasks and as part of a team for other tasks. This position requires an ability to effectively interact and coordinate with several different teams and operations within the Information Technology department, consulting with the peer teams to ensure consistent quality in a multi-platform operating environment. Must be available for on-call rotations and respond to and work on after-hours issues related to all technologies/protocols/solutions related to the Network. Must be able to lift heavy objects such as Routers and Switches.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
* Configures and maintains complex multi-site TCP/IP and VoIP networks, including LAN/WAN, Wireless, Data Center and Network Security technologies.
* Administration and maintenance of all network hardware/software and network applications
* Implement new or updated procedures together with key stakeholders to ensure a relentlessly effective, streamlined, secure and scalable operation and solution.
* Maintains the organizations and customers access infrastructure equipment such as routers, switches, wireless, security, servers and all related software and hardware.
* Troubleshoots and resolves network performance problems.
* Monitoring and troubleshooting of carrier provided circuits.
* Creation and support of network management and maintenance scripts.
* Creation and support of Tier 1 3 support documentation.
* Creation and maintenance of network diagrams.
* Network capacity planning.
* Ongoing administration of wireless networks.
* Proactively engages peers to understand key metrics for the business.
* Provide 24/7 on-call support.
* Reviews Security logs and educates the businesses to identified concerns.
* Proactively seeks out educational opportunities to ensure long term growth for this position. Stay abreast of current and future industry trends in regards to database management technologies and application toolsets.
* Works as part of a collaborative team requiring knowledge sharing, education and peer-based training
* This position requires a high level of independent thinking and the ability to solve problems.
* This position requires excellent organization skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize various types of work and be able to meet/set deadlines for all assigned work.
* The individual will be motivated with the ability to be self-directed and work well independently in support of customer service level agreements.
* A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline, or equivalent work experience, is required.
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
* 2 years of experience in heterogeneous TCP/IP intensive environments.
* Strong understanding of Layer 2-4 Routing and Switching Technologies and Protocols
* Familiarity with Data Center Networking and Architecture, 802.11 Wireless, Network Security, Load Balancing, Network Management
* Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience working with Cisco Routers and Switches
* Minimum of 1 years of experience with at least 2 of the following:
* Cisco Data Center Networking (Catalyst 6xxx, Nexus, ASR)
* Cisco Wireless (x700, 113x series AP, 5500 WLC, Prime Infrastructure or WCS)
* Cisco Security (ASA, ISE, ACS, IronPort, IPS/SourceFire/FirePower)
* Cisco UCS and VMWare
* Load Balancing (F5, Citrix)
* Network Monitoring and Management
* Network Troubleshooting
* Capacity Planning
* Performance Tuning
* Security best practices and analysis
* Network Design
* Sniffers, analyzers and bit error testers
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP