Network Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Cherokee Nation Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Indian Health Service (IHS), an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is responsible for providing federal health services to American Indians and Alaska Natives
The IHS delivery system is composed of 12 administrative Area Offices, which oversee local Service Units. Each Area Office has the responsibility for operating the IHS program within a designated geographical region.
To support the agency mission, the IHS Office of Information Technology (OIT), manages the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS). It is a distributed electronic healthcare information system deployed at IHS sites and includes clinical, administrative, and financial information on patients and resources. It is also integrated with the Agency’s national data repository, the National Patient Information Reporting System (NPIRS) and with applications to securely exchange patient information with other healthcare providers.
In support of the RPMS and other applications, the Office of Information Technology manages the network infrastructure to provide network connectivity between IHS sites and to external networks such as the Internet, other Government departments and healthcare partners supporting IHS to deliver services.
They are in need of a Network Engineer to aid in their mission.
• Configure, support and enhance all network management tools.
• Develop and implement configuration standards for network infrastructure equipment.
• Monitor the network infrastructure devices to detect failures such as power, software, memory or other issues which could impact functionality.
• Monitor the network circuits to detect circuit issues such as hard failures, intermittent failures or other errors leading to degraded service.
• Maintain a change control system which automatically records all configuration changes on the network infrastructure equipment.
• Initiate corrective actions with third party vendors such as circuit providers or hardware manufactures.
• Document a change control process for network devices which is aligned with the IHS Change Control SOP.
• Provide remote support to IHS employees and contractors installing network infrastructure equipment which could include security appliances, routers, switches, wireless access points and network access control solutions.
• Supervise Network traffic encryption, Network Access Control (NAC), and Network security features on Local Area and Wide Area Network equipment.
• Develop network reference designs for secure wired and wireless access to the IHS network to conform to federal security requirements.
• Create project documentation for the Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process which governs all IT investments
• Provide estimated costs for new network infrastructure devices (hardware, software, licenses and maintenance).
• Perform proof-of-concept testing to validate design assumptions and/or vendor claims on functionality or interoperability.
• Develop implementation and test plans.
• Follow industry best practices for the deployment of new network technology and functionality.
• Incorporate into 7x24 support and monitoring processes.
• Experience designing network infrastructure to deliver zero down time in large enterprise networks similar in size, type and complexity as the IHS network environment
• Experience designing and supporting Cisco IOS, and NX-OS features including BGP, OSPF, Fiber Channel over Ethernet and virtual Port Channels
• Ability to Obtain Public Trust Clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10431 online at www.cherokee-cnt.com
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT’s expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf