Network Engineer L2+
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNETWORK ENGINEER L2+
* 3 - 5 Years of strong relevant experience in networking technologies
* Ability to meet federal government security screening requirements is required for this role.
* Federal security requirements require applicant to verify US Citizenship and may require one or more of the following depending on the role: specialized background check, fingerprinting or government personnel security including ITAR.
* Willingness to work in 24X7 shifts.
* In-depth experience with TCP/IP and packet sniffers
* Sound understanding of L2 switching L3 traffic forwarding
* Strong working experience on Cisco / Juniper / F5 / Arista platforms
* Understanding of MPLS, L3VPNs and VRFs,STP, HSRP, CDP, UDLD
* Working knowledge of BGP, OSPF
* Ability to debug protocol issues
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* The individual will need to respond to high priority incidents, troubleshoot with engineers from various other groups, gather and provide forensic data for security based incidents, and create post-mortem documentation when needed.
* Identify incident patterns and drive for problem resolution
* BS/MS or related equivalent experience